Problems with PC shares
i have xbmc setup, i can browse workgroup and see my pc, when i try to connect to my shares i get prompted for login security. i enter my local admin password which is more then sufficient and nothing happens. it just keeps prompting me. i have setup a share with everyone full control and everyone full security. does not work. i tried connecting to this share from my laptop \\ws1\share and can get in no problem. my ps is not part of a domain. why don't my shares work for xbmc? i've also tried other user accounts and just keeps asking for security.
anyoneHuh?
setup the link correctly... check the online manual for smb setup/settings or look in the xml for hints.
(harshreality @ feb. 01 2006,02:50 Wrote:setup the link correctly... check the online manual for smb setup/settings or look in the xml for hints.
?? can you be more specific? are there tutorials for this??
i am experiencing the same problem. i have already posted a thread with more details regarding my trials and errors, and if i could get some advice regarding that, it would be much appreciated.
(millhouse @ feb. 01 2006,19:17 Wrote:i am experiencing the same problem. i have already posted a thread with more details regarding my trials and errors, and if i could get some advice regarding that, it would be much appreciated.
wow, awesome support forum. you only have wait 3 weeks for a reply :veryangry:
does anyone know why my pc keeps asking me for a user and pass?
username & password is for your private protection, i didnt set anything on mine on the 1st attempt & its not asked again since

im sorry that i cant be of more assistance as i never had your probs

j
(xballer @ feb. 03 2006,22:25 Wrote:
(millhouse @ feb. 01 2006,19:17 Wrote:i am experiencing the same problem. i have already posted a thread with more details regarding my trials and errors, and if i could get some advice regarding that, it would be much appreciated.
wow, awesome support forum. you only have wait 3 weeks for a reply  :veryangry:
i hope you find help much quicker after this constructive criticism.....not
do you want to have a password? if so, you set up the share in the xboxmediacenter.xml file like:

smb://user:[email protected]/sharename/ (1.2.3.4 is your pc ip address obviously)

if you don't want a password, right click the folder in windows, choose properties, go to sharing & security, and add a guest user with read access to the permissions list.
(jsd @ feb. 06 2006,15:09 Wrote:do you want to have a password?  if so, you set up the share in the xboxmediacenter.xml file like:

smb://user:[email protected]/sharename/  (1.2.3.4 is your pc ip address obviously)

if you don't want a password, right click the folder in windows, choose properties, go to sharing & security, and add a guest user with read access to the permissions list.
i don't want any security. i will try the guest thing, thanks!
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...mba&v=19qa
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....8;t=361

...but if you think smb/samba is to complicated then you should stick with xbmsp/ccxstream (just install ccxgui or ccxgui lite then 'drag and drop' your shares)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(xballer @ feb. 03 2006,22:25 Wrote:
wow, awesome support forum. you only have wait 3 weeks for a reply :veryangry:
i don't know why anyone even bothered helping this person after a comment like this.
i added the guest account to the share and security permissions and it still asks for security. any ideas?
(xballer @ feb. 03 2006,17:25 Wrote:
wow, awesome support forum. you only have wait 3 weeks for a reply  :veryangry:
tell me ditwad, how much did you pay for xbmc? have you renewed your yearly support contract? get bent. this board is provided as free service and relies on the generousity of developers and fellow members to attempt to answer questions. it's noone's job to do so. i don't see any constructive posts by you helping anyone. many get tired of answering the same noob questions a dozen times a week when there are search functions, online manuals, faqs, that noone bothers to read...noooo, they want it spoonfed to them. god forbid you give some effort of your own and actually learn something.

i'm surprised anyone gives you the time of day after your insensitive childish remark.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with PC shares0