• 8(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Have you set the original label in the widget button, or have you left it empty/not included <label> at all? The later would mean the script fill's the label, and this blocks label2 from working. (Addon string 32044 if you want to use the same label the script would give the button anyway)
I left it empty, sorry. Blush

All good now.

One more suggestion while I'm currently skinning this is the addition of the separate setting sections as default shortcuts (ie picturessettings, programssettings, etc).

Cheers.
(2014-06-18, 11:08)Hitcher Wrote: One more suggestion while I'm currently skinning this is the addition of the separate setting sections as default shortcuts (ie picturessettings, programssettings, etc).

Possibly Smile

If you feel really strongly about them, though, you can always include them - Skin-Recommended Shortcuts in Advanced Usage.txt allows you to add any shortcuts to the list of available ones, where you want. Or for even more control (though not wonderfully documented) copy the <flatgroupings> or <groupings> (depending if you're using control 111 or control 401 to select an available shortcut (The confluence mod uses the later, iirc) from the overrides.xml included with the script (%/resources/shortcuts/overrides.xml) into the skins overrides.xml, and re-arrange the shortcuts - including adding any extras you want - to your hearts content Smile
Cheers.
Right, I'm almost there but one thing is evading me - different widgets for the same type.

ie Movies > Recent, Recommended, or Random.

I have a default (Recent) added to the overrides.xml but where do I add the others so the user can select them?

Thanks.
If I can just copy and paste part of my own overrides.xml...

Code:
<widget label="31044">RecentMovies</widget>
<widget label="31045">RecommendedMovies</widget>
<widget label="31046">RandomMovies</widget>

Repeat for as many widgets as you want to make available when clicking button 309. (They're not categorised if that's what you're asking - because the menu can be completely customisable, whilst there's a good idea of what a menu with the labelID movies will link to once the user starts creating their own menu items to obscure parts of the library it becomes impossible, so all widget options are always presented)

Oh, and you can also include

Code:
<widgetPlaylists>True</widgetPlaylists>

If you'd like the user to be able to select one of their playlists to use as a widget.

(Widget usage in detail - "Advanced Usage.txt", section "Managing Widgets" and "Overrides.xml" part 4 (Widgets))
Ah, I get it now.

Many thanks.
(2014-06-17, 19:14)phate89 Wrote:
(2014-06-17, 19:01)Unfledged Wrote: ... The library I'm using to write the xml for these (ElementTree) doesn't have a "pretty print" function, so this isn't as easy as it first appears. I'll look (again) into possible solutions (that don't require an additional/alternative library).

I'm not an expert but maybe this can help:
http://snipplr.com/view/25657/indent-xml...ementtree/

Had a play with that code and it seems to work well, so many thanks for finding it Smile

This is now implemented on both the master and repofixes branch (you'll likely want the later) on git.
Hey mate,
I notcied a issue with AdvancedLauncher. If I add it as an item to one of my custom widget rows, it won't do anything if I press on it in the homescreen.
The script will create a wrong onclick attribute:
"<onclick>RunAddon(plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher)</onclick>"

The "plugin://" has to be removed. AdvancedLauncher is the only program plugin with that issue for me.

And one suggestion:
When I create a shortcut to a subdirectory of a plugin (Radio plugin for example, "top 100 stations"), the thumbnail is empty. The script should take the thumbnail of the choosen addon, if the subitem has no thumb.

Edit:
And the "\" issue with the youtube download folder still exists Smile
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2014-06-19, 07:19)sualfred Wrote: Hey mate,
I notcied a issue with AdvancedLauncher. If I add it as an item to one of my custom widget rows, it won't do anything if I press on it in the homescreen.
The script will create a wrong onclick attribute:
"<onclick>RunAddon(plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher)</onclick>"

The "plugin://" has to be removed. AdvancedLauncher is the only program plugin with that issue for me.

Actually the whole action it's creating is completely wrong. But a nice easy fix Smile

(2014-06-19, 07:19)sualfred Wrote: And one suggestion:
When I create a shortcut to a subdirectory of a plugin (Radio plugin for example, "top 100 stations"), the thumbnail is empty. The script should take the thumbnail of the choosen addon, if the subitem has no thumb.

Sensible, and again a nice easy fix

(2014-06-19, 07:19)sualfred Wrote: Edit:
And the "\" issue with the youtube download folder still exists Smile

Not quite so easy a fix, so the first two are now on git (master and repofixes branches). The second I'll be looking at properly early next week Smile

Thanks for the bug report Smile
Fast as usual Tongue Thx
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
I'm having trouble converting the following action for use in movies.shortcuts.

Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies,return

I've tried various combinations of the brackets, commas, colon, slashes and fullstops but always get a syntax error.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
(2014-06-19, 09:10)Hitcher Wrote: I'm having trouble converting the following action for use in movies.shortcuts.

Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies,return

I've tried various combinations of the brackets, commas, colon, slashes and fullstops but always get a syntax error.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

I suspect you're missing that the actions in the .shortcuts files are url-safe for compatibility with the Gotham-method-of-filling-a-list-way-of-integrating-the-script. So the above (with the missing closing-bracket) would be:

Code:
ActivateWindow%28Videos%2Cplugin%3A//service.library.data.provider%3Ftype%3Drandommovies%2Creturn%29

Easiest way to generate these (the way I generated that one) is to use the management dialog to create the .shortcuts files - using a custom action if necessary, then copy and paste them to your skin before doing any minor tweaks, or just copy the actions out of them Smile This is something that will be so much easier when the script switches to xml for these files/deprecates the Gotham method.
Ah, it was the ? and = I missed converting then. Rolleyes

It loads perfectly now but the log throws out this error all the same.

Code:
ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://script.skinshortcuts/?type=launch&path=ActivateWindow%28Videos%2Cplugin%3A//service.library.data.provider%3Ftype%3Drandommovies%2Creturn%29&group=movies
You're using the Gotham-list-filling method? I can but implore you not to - its performance is incredibly poor compared to the xml method, it throws up that bug because I'm abusing the method that Gotham is providing, it manages language changes poorly, and so on and so on. And it will be deprecated in the next release Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8