• 41(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-08-19, 18:37)Teclis16 Wrote: I am trying to use the fTV skin on my Fire TV and I always (after installing the "Shortcut" addon) get the "unable to build menu" message.

Just tried it on my PC, there it works fine.

I used "Fresh Start" to reset Kodi, still does not work.

Here you can see the debug log: http://goo.gl/PzA95e

Hope you can help me

Fixed on Git. (And fixed on Git before you posted this message - if you are using a version of Skin Shortcuts that is not from the official repo - such as the 0.5.1 release you are using, please check for fixes (#50) - or even open issues (#49) - regarding any bugs on github before posting, though I understand if the description of those bugs doesn't necessarily lead you to believe they're referring to the same issue Smile.)

(2015-08-19, 22:14)CBers Wrote: I tried the script, but still get the same, whereby I can't see the options when entering the submenu options.

Kodi log.

I exited Kodi after installing from the zip file and even uninstalled and re-installed the Mimic skin.

This particular issue IS fixed on git, and the debug log you provided is not from the latest git version. (How do I know? I introduced the bug in PR #37 - and I fixed it as part of PR #30 - which, though it has a lower number, was merged after 37 and before you claim you checked the latest git version.) More importantly, in the latest git version, line 702 of gui.py, as referenced in your log, is now - due to fixes for the issue you originally reported - `self.widgetPlaylistsType = elem.attrib.get( "type" )`, and not what it was when you experienced the issue.)

Which is not to say it is necessarily working correctly as it is - the current git version of the script should very much be considered a beta where there will be bugs, but the bug you are reporting is fixed, and was fixed when you reported it. If there's a new bug, though, please report that. Please don't report bugs that have already been fixed, though - make sure you actually test them properly, with the latest version, as otherwise you're just wasting everyones time.
(2015-08-20, 00:27)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 22:14)CBers Wrote: I tried the script, but still get the same, whereby I can't see the options when entering the submenu options.

Kodi log.

I exited Kodi after installing from the zip file and even uninstalled and re-installed the Mimic skin.

This particular issue IS fixed on git, and the debug log you provided is not from the latest git version. (How do I know? I introduced the bug in PR #37 - and I fixed it as part of PR #30 - which, though it has a lower number, was merged after 37 and before you claim you checked the latest git version.) More importantly, in the latest git version, line 702 of gui.py, as referenced in your log, is now - due to fixes for the issue you originally reported - `self.widgetPlaylistsType = elem.attrib.get( "type" )`, and not what it was when you experienced the issue.)

Which is not to say it is necessarily working correctly as it is - the current git version of the script should very much be considered a beta where there will be bugs, but the bug you are reporting is fixed, and was fixed when you reported it. If there's a new bug, though, please report that. Please don't report bugs that have already been fixed, though - make sure you actually test them properly, with the latest version, as otherwise you're just wasting everyones time.

The Kodi log I posted was after I installed the ZIP file that Marcel posted.

What type of addon will the script show up as in My Addons, so that I can confirm I have the latest version please ??

I will re-download and re-install the script in the meantime and if the problem persists, I will post a new log.

Thanks.
(2015-08-20, 15:01)CBers Wrote: I will re-download and re-install the script in the meantime and if the problem persists, I will post a new log.

OK, so I re-downloaded the ZIP file Marcel posted about, but I'm sill getting the same error.

So, I'm assuming I don't have the latest GitHub ZIP file, as you're saying it it fixed.

In the README.txt file within the ZIP file I downloaded, it says "version 0.4.4" - is that the latest version ??

If not, could you point me at the latest ZIP please.

Thanks.
(2015-08-20, 15:24)CBers Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 15:01)CBers Wrote: I will re-download and re-install the script in the meantime and if the problem persists, I will post a new log.

OK, so I re-downloaded the ZIP file Marcel posted about, but I'm sill getting the same error.

So, I'm assuming I don't have the latest GitHub ZIP file, as you're saying it it fixed.

In the README.txt file within the ZIP file I downloaded, it says "version 0.4.4" - is that the latest version ??

Thanks.

The readme is outdated. It will be updated once the current Git changes are pushed to the repo.
Now that you've updated manually to the latest git version of the script, please send a new Kodi log of the error because a lot of code has changed since the previous version, so the line error you're referring in your previous log doesn't coorespondent to the actual codeline in the current code.

In the meanwhile I tried to reproduce the error and I wasn't able to. I switched to Mimic skin just to be sure.
Once you send your log we can have another look at it.
(2015-08-20, 19:05)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 15:24)CBers Wrote:

Thanks.

The readme is outdated. It will be updated once the current Git changes are pushed to the repo.
Now that you've updated manually to the latest git version of the script, please send a new Kodi log of the error because a lot of code has changed since the previous version, so the line error you're referring in your previous log doesn't coorespondent to the actual codeline in the current code.

In the meanwhile I tried to reproduce the error and I wasn't able to. I switched to Mimic skin just to be sure.
Once you send your log we can have another look at it.

I have fixed the problem Big Grin Big Grin

It appears that there was 2 versions of the script.skinshortcuts script in the .kodi/addons folder (0.5.1 and master) on my Fire TV (and Nexus Player).

Looks like somehow it was still using the older version and not the newer version somehow - perhaps first in the PATH variable ??

Anyway, I deleted both and re-installed from the ZIP file and all is working again.

Thanks for bearing with me over the last few days.
OK, great. This means that your original problemhas been fixed on the current Git version, which is good ;-)
Yes, thanks.
That's the usual problem with github zip files.. they have filename-master as folder so they create a duplicate..
marcel, FYI im trying to fix this unicode error:
http://pastebin.com/isUHfNBL
making my whole menus to dissaper in the managment dialog... ill take a look at it tomorrow.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
OK about the unicode problem I mentioned earlier, my friend Roee solved it, and will update on git. [EDIT: Solved on git, confrimed working!]

Some requests about the Custom property method.
1. Custom Title for the choosing dialog
2. Default value for the property, so Every new item will have the default value
3. option to remove the "none" option

for example, I have:
Code:
    <property property="Icon_Overlay">31140</property> <!-- Same as Text color -->
    <property property="Icon_Overlay">31142</property> <!-- Same as Skin color -->
    <property property="Icon_Overlay">31141</property> <!-- Original Icon Color (no overlay) -->

http://i.imgur.com/jTz7Yw5.png

and I want to add custom title to the dialog, and set default value to 31142,so maybe adding new feature like:
Code:
<property id="Icon_Overlay" title="Custom Title" default="31142"/>
or something similar.
Also in that case, sometimes when I send click to "404" for one custom property (lets say choose color) the choose property dialog for other button (choose icon color) is opening right after the first one .
so I'm getting dialog after dialog when I just requested one of them. but If Ill have custom title I'll wont care, because the user will know what he is setting.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
On latest git revision I'm getting this weird "Video Addons" entry at the top of the Choose Shortcut list. Let me know if you need a log.

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Full debug log (including enabling script.skinshortcuts own debug logging) is always welcome Smile Also, if you're overriding the grouping being shown (by default for the method you're using, that would be <groupings />) a copy of your overrides. Also - depending on just how recent the version of the script you're using is - please confirm your skin isn't using the label 32062, (edit) and that you've got the latest version of Marcelveldts script.skin.helper.service installed Smile

Edit: The script has had a ridiculous number of changes to its core between the current repo version and the current git version. In case this - which looks like it could be a script label being incorrectly parsed - is indicative of an issue caused by the recent changes, I've opened an issue on Skin Shortcuts git - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh.../issues/62 - to be checked before the script is updated on the repo.

Final edit: I'm unable to reproduce this issue with the latest version of the skin helper service installed. With the way the script works, if an older version of the helper script (before label 32062 was added) is used, then the behaviour you describe would be expected. If you have the latest version (or any version which actually provides that label) then this is a bug with the skin shortcuts script, which could take some time to actually track down Smile
Ah yep silly me . The error was between keyboard and screen -- forgot to update skin helper service when I updated skinshortcuts!

On another note, the Just Select method seems to be ignoring the showNone=False and custom=False flags. Also, I still cant get the custom grouping working right - when I use it, it just makes an error and shows nothing.

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=shortcuts&amp;grouping=mygroupings&amp;showNone=False&amp;custom=False&amp;skinList=Widget.1101)

and in my overrides
Code:
<groupings-mygroupings>
    <content>video</content>
    <content>music</content>
</groupings-mygroupings>
I'll double-check the documentation when I'm not so tired, but it should be <mygroupings-groupings />, not <groupings-mygroupings />. My bad Smile

The custom/shownone don't appear to be functioning as intended but, if you don't want to show them, simply omit them - a quick test shows that they won't appear by default.
(2015-09-05, 08:05)BobCratchett Wrote: I'll double-check the documentation when I'm not so tired, but it should be <mygroupings-groupings />, not <groupings-mygroupings />. My bad Smile

The custom/shownone don't appear to be functioning as intended but, if you don't want to show them, simply omit them - a quick test shows that they won't appear by default.

No problem.

I tried both ways <groupings-mygroupings> and <mygroupings-groupings> and neither worked. Also tried both with and without custom/shownone flags and they still show.

I'll try and grab a debug log.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8