• 47(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Hi BobCratchett,
I have been working off of your commits/updates to the Mimic skin for my Aeon Nox 5 mod but I have noticed a couple of things and was wondering if you could maybe take a look and see what I am missing/doing wrong? I have added backgrounds and InfoLines but playlist statistics for InfoLines do not show up and it seems library.data.provider does not provide the properties for the way I have included them and playlist backgrounds seem to not be rotating through different images but instead only show a single image without changing unless I reload the skin... I have tried a few things here and there but I have so far been unsuccessful and was hoping to get your expert opinion if you have the time to offer it
Smile
I'll try to take a look this evening, mike. Smile
(2015-09-30, 11:21)BobCratchett Wrote: I'll try to take a look this evening, mike. Smile

Thank you very much, sir Smile
@mikesilvo164

Non-rotating playlist backgrounds is because you haven't updated the condition for the autoscroll. Includes_LiveBG.xml, line 32, should be:-

Code:
<autoscroll time="7000" delay="7000" repeat="7000">SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:playlist,Left)</autoscroll>

Non-working playlist stats is me trying to be cleverer than I needed when updating Mimic, and passing in just the path to the playlist. It should actually be the whole action of the shortcut, with the ActivateWindow part and all. So Includes.xml, line 563, should be:-

Code:
<content>plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=playliststats&amp;id=$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(path)]</content>
Hi Bob,

I wanted to use a conditon as :

Code:
StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(hasSubmenu),True)

But it doesn't work (reverse with False neither).
Not sure but some words like "True" "False" don't work in the skinning engine as Text (I had this kind of issue with setting those in Skin.Strings and compare failed, replacing them with other words worked straight after)
Or is there a specific typo to get this condition to work ?

Thanks
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
@Jayz2K if at all possible, use Container.NumItems to check against. The hasSubmenu property is used by the script internally when providing a vertical menu in a single list and can't actually be relied on as it doesn't take into account the visibility of the items in the menu (e.g. there may be items in the submenu - hasSubmenu == True, but non of them are actually visible).
(2015-09-30, 14:53)BobCratchett Wrote: @Jayz2K if at all possible, use Container.NumItems to check against. The hasSubmenu property is used by the script internally when providing a vertical menu in a single list and can't actually be relied on as it doesn't take into account the visibility of the items in the menu (e.g. there may be items in the submenu - hasSubmenu == True, but non of them are actually visible).

Thanks Bob ...
Container.NumItems, OMG of course, how did I miss this one ? :/
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
I was directed here from the Eminence 2.0 thread.
When using a playlist as a widget (I guess it's shortcuts here), will it be possible to edit the widget name without renaming the playlist?
Currently the widget title will use the playlist title.
Trying to use this great addon for the first time.

Is it possible to use overrides.xml for the thumb section? For example:
<thumb labelID="pictures">icons/pictures2.png</thumb>

My goal is to have two different colors for thumb/icon. aka focus/unfocus.

2. Is it possible to use only the actions part in script-skinshortcuts.xml? For example:
Selecting specific button in SkinSettings.xml then:
Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=mainmenu)

Thanks!
(2015-09-30, 14:12)BobCratchett Wrote: @mikesilvo164

Non-rotating playlist backgrounds is because you haven't updated the condition for the autoscroll. Includes_LiveBG.xml, line 32, should be:-

Code:
<autoscroll time="7000" delay="7000" repeat="7000">SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:playlist,Left)</autoscroll>

Non-working playlist stats is me trying to be cleverer than I needed when updating Mimic, and passing in just the path to the playlist. It should actually be the whole action of the shortcut, with the ActivateWindow part and all. So Includes.xml, line 563, should be:-

Code:
<content>plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=playliststats&amp;id=$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(path)]</content>

Darn... I thought I had changed that autoscroll already Sad

Ha, that is the only thing I didn't try cause I also thought the path of the playlist is what data.provider needed.

Thanks Bob! Big Grin
@psike - take a look at post 686 onwards for some discussion of this feature, and if you have any preference or other ideas about how you'd like it to work please do say Smile

You're also welcome (as are you, @stueeey, and of course anyone else) to try the branch on my fork here which lets you set the title after the widget has been selected. Though please note, for various reasons, it will be a while before this gets PR'd.

@finalmakerr - (1) if I'm understanding what you want to do (and if I'm not, please do expand on exactly what you want to achieve - never be afraid to go into what might feel like too much detail Wink), you can use custom properties on the git version of the script (feature not available on repo version) to let the user select an image and save it to any property of the shortcut you like. See "Advanced Usage.txt", section "Overrides.xml", Part 9

(2) Sorry, don't understand what you mean.
(2015-09-30, 23:54)BobCratchett Wrote: @psike - take a look at post 686 onwards for some discussion of this feature, and if you have any preference or other ideas about how you'd like it to work please do say Smile

You're also welcome (as are you, @stueeey, and of course anyone else) to try the branch on my fork here which lets you set the title after the widget has been selected. Though please note, for various reasons, it will be a while before this gets PR'd.

Just tested your fork and it's working great.
Now I have all my widgets re-named exactly the way I like it.
Thank you very much.
(2015-09-30, 10:44)BobCratchett Wrote: Sure it can Smile My instinct, though, is it should be an override to disable it, rather than enable it, just because most skins I see do display the widget titles, and best to work for the majority...?

As long as it is only for the new 312 way of setting widgets, then I think that would be the best approach. I imagine that many skins using the old way of setting widgets would be using VARs to set the widget title, so any change to the label wouldn't be reflected anyway which would cause some confusion to end users (just thinking about how Arctic is currently set-up, though I will be migrating to the new way).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thank you for your quick reply Bob!

The <thumb /> is empty in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml. I tried to use the overrides.xml in order to fill it up but it's not working. For the <icon> part it's worked!
That's way i can use two different icons for a specific condition.

2. Is it possible to use only the actions part in script-skinshortcuts.xml? For example:
Code:

I have my own customized window which is looking exactly like my home window.
There i can simply edit any button with a click. Now the list of available options i have is quite nice but not great as what this addon can provide, so i tried to use my own customized window and trigger the actions such as Move and Action directly in my action window but i can't seem to find any direct command for doing that.
So far it's seem like this is the only way to manage the buttons:

Code:

I used the globaloverride like that:
Code:
<override action="globaloverride" group="mainmenu">
        <condition>Window.IsVisible(SkinSettings.xml)</condition>
        <action>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=mainmenu)</action>
    </override>

Now if i could only use that globaloverride and tell it the specific button i want to change, then i would want to edit the script-skinshortcuts.xml and keep just the actions menu.
Another issue is that there is only down/up movement but i actually use 4 directions..

Thanks!
(2015-10-01, 10:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: As long as it is only for the new 312 way of setting widgets, then I think that would be the best approach. I imagine that many skins using the old way of setting widgets would be using VARs to set the widget title, so any change to the label wouldn't be reflected anyway which would cause some confusion to end users (just thinking about how Arctic is currently set-up, though I will be migrating to the new way).

Thanks for the feedback Smile The script has no responsibility for the widget title with the old method, so yes, it would be for 312 only Wink

(2015-10-01, 13:04)finalmakerr Wrote: 1.
The <thumb /> is empty in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml. I tried to use the overrides.xml in order to fill it up but it's not working. For the <icon> part it's worked!
That's way i can use two different icons for a specific condition.

No, it's not possible for the skin to set the thumb, only the icon. This is done for various reasons, not least so that the user choice of image (which get's set to thumb) is always the one that's used.

You can, though, add an additional property which you can use as your focused/unfocused item (though letting the user browse for an image requires the repo version). See the docs I linked to above.

(2015-10-01, 13:04)finalmakerr Wrote: 2. Is it possible to use only the actions part in script-skinshortcuts.xml? For example:
Code:

I have my own customized window which is looking exactly like my home window.
There i can simply edit any button with a click. Now the list of available options i have is quite nice but not great as what this addon can provide, so i tried to use my own customized window and trigger the actions such as Move and Action directly in my action window but i can't seem to find any direct command for doing that.
So far it's seem like this is the only way to manage the buttons:

Code:

I used the globaloverride like that:
Code:
<override action="globaloverride" group="mainmenu">
        <condition>Window.IsVisible(SkinSettings.xml)</condition>
        <action>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=mainmenu)</action>
    </override>

Now if i could only use that globaloverride and tell it the specific button i want to change, then i would want to edit the script-skinshortcuts.xml and keep just the actions menu.
Another issue is that there is only down/up movement but i actually use 4 directions..

The closest the script has in the 'Just Select' method which just lets the user select a shortcut and pass that information to the skin to manage, though it's completely separate from the menu management features of Skin Shortcuts. There's no way to launch the management dialog for setting the properties of a single shortcut.

It's broadly possible (though I've never seen it done) to skin script-skinshortcuts.xml to look like the homepage, but that is likely very difficult to achieve well. The closest to a move left/move right would be a button which sends multiple clicks to the up/down buttons so that the item is in the correct position in the correct column (that assumes that the menu is displayed in a panel control.)

It's likely what you want to do is quite doable with minimal changes to the script - passing in the position of the selected item when calling manage, then having the script focus list 211 (which could be hidden offscreen somewhere) on that shortcut. I don't have time at the moment to make the changes though, but patches are very welcome!

(And even if that was done, due to how and when the changes are saved, it probably wouldn't work well if you're using the script to manage the position of menu items, and could be difficult with hidden items in the list...)

The global override doesn't do what you think Smile It's not useful for letting the user choose a shortcut, but rather for the skinner to identify that, in certain situations (say when they want the first click on a menu item to show the submenu), a different action to that which the user has selected should be used.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8