Navigation sounds & speaker stand by
I just picked up Polk audio 6000 sound bar, and for the money and ease of setup I could not be more pleased. The only catch is a stupid “sleep” feature that the sound bar has.

My setup:
Xbmcbuntu computer > HDMI > TV > Optical > Polk Speaker bar

When the sound bar isn’t receiving a signal through the optical it goes into sleep mode. When I watch a video the signal gets sent, the bar wakes and everything works great. But the navigation sounds have shown me that the Polk system take a fraction of a second to come out of sleep mode before starting the play the audio. Meaning I don’t hear the first 200 milliseconds of any video I play.

With video you don’t even notice it, but with the navigation sounds the first 200 milliseconds of the sound get cut off. If move around quick keeping the audio signal going all the nav sounds are perfect. But the second I stop the speaker bar goes into sleep mode and my first click results in a cut off sound.

I know I can just turn off Nav sounds but ive grown to like them. Is there any adjustment that can be made so xbmc continues to send “something” to prevent the bar from sleeping or introduce a small delay to give the bar time to wake up?

I know this is a big ask for something so small, but figure I would post it before shutting off nav sounds.

Thanks,
Enabling 'streamsilence' via advancedsettings.xml may help you, it prevents xbmc from releasing the audio device.
thanks for the suggestion teeedubb, i had high hopes but my polk speakers seem to be too smart for their own good.

It doesn't seem to be a lack of signal from the optical cable that causes them to go into sleep, its lack of sound. I've read reports of people with my model plugging in iPods & them shutting off if the volume is too low. So short of some white noise or something i don't think i have much choice but to turn off nav sounds.

Not sure what the justification for such a feature would be, i guess i should be happy that Polk's saving me 50 cents in electricity /year lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigation sounds & speaker stand by0