Help with External Hard Drive Enclosures
I'm looking at expanding my storage has my computer is full. Does anyone know anything about external hard drive enclosures? I want to add about 4-5 drives that I already have and depending on whats on them have been swapping them out on my computer to get the movies off them when I want to watch them. It seems all the external hard drive enclosure I see on newegg.com are RAID enclosures. I don't want RAID, I just want independent legacy drives. Can these RAID enclosures be used for non RAID setup allowing each drive to be it's own independent drive? Any help or examples would be great. I don't really understand RAID and from what I've read about it, Don't really see the need for it in my application.
What you are looking for is referred to as JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) configuration. Try searching on that term.
If you find a nice enclosure please post it here - I'm looking to tidy up my server which is a pogoplug with a bunch of disks in externals hanging off it but would love to get them all in one case.
You can also try searching for a DAS (direct attached storage).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with External Hard Drive Enclosures0