XBMCbuntu -- HDMI not sending after turning TV off/on
Hello... Here is my setup:

XBMCbuntu 12 (Frodo)
** Running on a laptop (AMD)
HDMI output to and HDMI audio splitter (for wireless headphones)
HDMI output from splitter to TV
3.5mm output from splitter to headphones

Everything works correctly when I boot up XBMC. The problem arises after I turn the TV off for any period of time. When I turn the TV back on it will say "No Signal" with a black screen. The only way that I know of to fix this is to turn off the laptop and turn it back on.

This setup is for my father. He is getting upset with it.

It did work fine when I didn't have the splitter there, but he wants the headphones and I can't figure out how to get the headphones to work otherwise (with Frodo).
I can think of two possibilities:

#1 Disable any display power save options on the laptop display since it can't detect the TV because of the splitter.

#2 See if the TV has audio out on it. A lot of newer TVs I have worked with have digital auto output/passthrough.
I had a similar problem with my AVR. The PC stops the dual-video-output, when the device is turned off. You have to restart it in the video-settings in Xubuntu.
For a permanent solution you have to edit you xorg.conf. The following link helped me a lot:

Link

EDIT:
Oh, sorry - you have XBMCbuntu and not Xubuntu. Maybe the link helps also in your case... Big Grin
It actually sounds like he is running an external splitter rather that dual head output, but that would be another option. He could setup dual HDMI out put and have one hooked to the TV and one to the headphones.
I would say, he has already a dual-setup with the laptop and the TV (splitter).
But i'm not the pro here - i'm happy to solve some of my own problems... Tongue
I only have one HDMI output on my laptop.
The audio out on the TV is for optical only, and unfortunately there is no optical in on the headphones. It is analog inputs only.
I will try the link and post back... It sounds that this is probably the cause.

drivesoslow: "#1 Disable any display power save options on the laptop display since it can't detect the TV because of the splitter."

Where would I find this in XBMCbuntu?
(2013-11-26, 17:00)contadino Wrote: I had a similar problem with my AVR. The PC stops the dual-video-output, when the device is turned off. You have to restart it in the video-settings in Xubuntu.
For a permanent solution you have to edit you xorg.conf. The following link helped me a lot:

Link

EDIT:
Oh, sorry - you have XBMCbuntu and not Xubuntu. Maybe the link helps also in your case... Big Grin

Is there anyway that you can walk me through this please? I checked out the link but it required Nvidia tool. I have ATI, so I don't know where to get the settings I need.

I think it is the same problem as you are having.
(2013-11-26, 19:32)jim.thornton Wrote: I only have one HDMI output on my laptop.
The audio out on the TV is for optical only, and unfortunately there is no optical in on the headphones. It is analog inputs only.
I will try the link and post back... It sounds that this is probably the cause.

drivesoslow: "#1 Disable any display power save options on the laptop display since it can't detect the TV because of the splitter."

Where would I find this in XBMCbuntu?

I don't run XBMCbuntu personally but I'd think it would be in the system settings or preferences in gnome or whatever manager it is using.

Could you just hook up the headphones to the analog headphone jack on the laptop and have him change the output device in XBMC?
Hmmm,
the problem with XBMCbuntu will be, that you have to do everything with the console. I run XBMC with Lubuntu, here it's easier to change things.
Sorry, but i'm not very good in Linuxing, so i can't give you a lot of hints with this. Confused
But it seems quite easy: there are only 2 steps.
First you have to detect the edid-info of your TV. And as step 2 you have to tell the system, to take the detectet edid-info instead of the edid-info which is sent from the TV.
The second step is well documented in the link, i posted. For the first step you have to google a little bit i'm afraid...
**Could you just hook up the headphones to the analog headphone jack on the laptop and have him change the output device in XBMC?

This should be able to be changed back and forth through XBMC itself

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu -- HDMI not sending after turning TV off/on0