Video Plays Fine With Menu Up?!
Huh

I've searched but don't think I'm entering the right terms..

Got an Android stick (MK908ii), have installed XBMC and the video playback was very choppy, regardless of what I played.

What I noticed though was if I have the video playing in the background (i.e. with the XBMC home screen menu on top of the video), the video plays flawlessly... I am very confused!!

Any hints as to why this might be happening?
Anyone? it's such an odd problem!
Have you tried a nightly build (wiki)? Also, can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
Thanks @ned Scott, I did what you said and put a nightly on. Although it was a touch better it wasn't perfect so I captured the log:

http://pastebin.com/CuHtacAq

The thing I noticed was when playing the video in full screen mode I got 15fps. When I pull the menu up with the video playing in the background I get 50fps!!!

It's so weird?! Oh the XBMC version I put on was a nightly, 13.0-Alpha10 Nov 30 compile date.
The log doesn't seem to show any video file being played?
It does?

22:52:43 T:1663160512 INFO: ffmpeg[6321D0C0]: Input #0, avi, from '/mnt/sdcard/The Shield Season 6 Episode 02 - Baptism by Fire.avi':
Ah, sorry, you're right.
No probs :-) I appreciate the help! Sorry I also noticed a typo, when I play fullscreen I get 25fps not 15fps. Still a lot less than the 50 fps I get when I bring the menu up over the video!
Anyone able to help with this? It really doesn't make sense that the frame rate jumps up by double when the menu is on screen.
when you bring up the menu, it's showing the GUI frame rate, not the video frame rate.
(2013-12-03, 06:49)davilla Wrote: when you bring up the menu, it's showing the GUI frame rate, not the video frame rate.

He's not talking about the codec info window. See first post.
Yes very strange indeed. I'm not sure if I should try a different ROM. The stick is running the standard ROM.
I got exact same problem, any help??
Same issue on the Ouya. Can't play 720p or higher without stuttering. Plays great with the menu up.
(2014-03-05, 00:01)locoguano Wrote: Same issue on the Ouya. Can't play 720p or higher without stuttering. Plays great with the menu up.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) or maybe a file sample? I didn't have any of the devices already mentioned in this thread from earlier, but I do have an OUYA, so I can try to reproduce it on there :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Plays Fine With Menu Up?!0