OpenElec + RPI + Resolution
I've searched throughout the internet and thought I was helped. However, it just doesn't seem so.

The following information was easy to find and adjust:

- Preferred resolution TV: CEA (16) 1920x1080p @ 60 Hz with pixel clock 148 Mhz
- Edit config file via SSH

My config file, located in /flash, now has the specs HDMI_group=2, HDMI_mode=16

However, the screen is still overflowing at the edges as if it thinks my TV is bigger. I have no idea what to do so I do hope someone here does know what I can do.

(See screenshots)

Thanks, yet again, in advance!

Settings->Appearance->Skin->Zoom

Set it to about -5 should be fine then
Now I'm just rolling on the floor laughing because I couldn't figure that out myself. Thanks!
(2013-12-03, 15:12)prae5 Wrote: Settings->Appearance->Skin->Zoom

Set it to about -5 should be fine then

That will work, but the best solution is to disable overscan on the TV/monitor.
Check the display menu options (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1").
Calibrate Screen on XBMC also works.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-12-03, 15:52)xbs08 Wrote: Calibrate Screen on XBMC also works.

It works, but in the common case of video being 1080p and display having a physical resolution of 1920x1080 pixels,
using calibrate screen or zoom will result in the video being resized twice.

My scheme results in no resize, and so a better quality picture.
I agree with popcornmix. I had the same problem on my LG. TV was zooming in a picture and not only that, it also gained quite some contrast too, so it was unwatchable. I turned off these features in TV menus and now it is much better.

Picture is now "pixel-perfect" otherwise it would be zoomed in and zoomed out and when doing that, you lose some resolution.
I agree, only reason I tend to use calibration is because I can't get my TV to stick with "just scan" after turning it off/on or the rpi... can't remember :\

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hmm, I'll test out the second solution as well. The first worked great. Thanks again yet again!
It's the RPi, everytime I reboot the TV goes back to 16:9.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec + RPI + Resolution0