Music Library and Profiles - all messed up
I'm at my wits end with the music library and using multiple profiles and any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have Frodo setup on Windows 7 and I have kids, so I've setup multiple profiles. The Master profile is locked with a simple code keyable by remote and the Kids profile is the added one. I've setup the profiles through normal methods within XBMC and chose to keep the sources separate. This is on one PC, there are no fancy MySQL databases centrally located so I can access with multiple PC's. We're talking one PC, two profiles - a locked master and a kids, separate sources. The sources themselves reside on a networked server in separate directories. We parents don't wish to see the kids media in our library and vice versa.

Everything works great - Movies, TV Shows, separate menus and settings (Aeon Nox) - then I came to the music library. I added the kids source, hey great - all their music and cover art, it all looks great. I sign into the master profile and add the parent music source. At first nothing shows up after scanning the newly added source to the database. Wonder what that's about. Sign off and check the kids music... wait - there are my Rush CD's in their menu art. What the heck? Sure enough, I check their library - there's Moving Pictures and Clockwork Angels mixed in with Wiggles and Pixar Cars soundtrack.

So's I come here and dig around in the forums. I see a few similar threads, but most of them talk about having those fancy separate SQL databases for multiple PC access. Don't get me wrong, my day job is a database admin/data miner/system support and I write SQL all freakin' day. But that's not what I'm trying to accomplish here. I just want to use XBMC as it was intended - there is a profile feature I want to use - the music libraries are getting all mixed up. I'm not complaining mind you, I got this fabulous software for the amazing price of free. I'm just looking for some possible help and maybe some solutions.

I found one of those threads said to add the "wrong" source to one of the libraries then delete it, XBMC will then offer to clean up the database. I tried that on the kids profile. It seemed to have worked. All the Rush CD's were now gone. I log back into the master and still no music. I scan the source again. It works, there are my Rush CD's. Go check the kids... hmm, there is one Moving Pictures artwork in the LiveCD menu graphic but the CD doesn't exist in the library. I'll come back to that later... just want to get the library working.

I go back into the master, go into the artist Rush and click info on Moving Pictures. The title comes up as Raffi - Under the Sun. WTF? It clearly shows the Rush artwork and track list, but the title is showing Raffi from the kids library.

It was at this point I am giving up until I can get some solid advice, solutions or leading questions from the fabulous folks in the XBMC community. Why are profiles music database all mixed up? There are multiple threads about this (all slightly different - but the "bug" seems the same.) It's all setup except for this - I'm hoping to just fix this one problem.
And inexplicably it's all just fine today. I hadn't messed with it since I made this post. I was going in to do exactly that, mess with it and it's all fixed. All of it. Adult music is not appearing in Live CD covers of the kids profile, Rush CD's are showing correct titles in info, kids titles are all OK too. I'll try adding some more music to each library to see what happens.
Interesting. I had read this post yesterday and was going to try and reproduce it. I don't normally use XBMC for music, so I didn't have a pre-existing music library, but I do use the Profiles feature. If it happens again let us know and we'll try to investigate some more.
Well, I spoke too quickly. After simply switching back and forth between profiles, the Adult music info was just fine but then the Kids profile music showed the title of the Rush albums. It's like the metadata of the files aren't being used at all. This is only in the "Info" screen, the titels show just fine when viewing the albums normally, it's only when you go into the info screen ("i") that the titles are messed up. I have not yet attempted adding new titles to either profile to see what happens.

If you have time to help with this, I appreciate it - just let me know what you need from my end - screenshots, logs, complete system specs.. just let me know what might help.

Here are a couple other threads with the similar issue:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173817
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148023

I"m thinking perhaps a more permanent fix might be to go with separate MySQL databases for each profile.
Ah, yeah, I thought I remembered reading about something similar happening before, which is why this caught my attention. I'll try to make sure this is seen by the right people.
Ticket made: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14767

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library and Profiles - all messed up0