Movie List Display problems
from my xbmc i have a smb share off to my pc that has my xvid movie archive...this works fine. i recently upgraded to the latest xbmc and i am going thru and re adding the imdb info to each file. (probably an easy way to add the info....but hey...not a big issue)

i have a lot of movies that have 2 files i.e cd1 and cd2 and before i could add the imdb info to cd1 file and cd2 would get imdb info updated automatically.

so now when i change the view to "title" it shows both cd1 and cd2, where before it showed the cover and then when i clicked on it, i would get two cd's pop out and i could choose what one to play.

has something changed or have i forgotten to turn a setting on?
i have no idea what format your file naming scheme is, but you need to stack your files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i also am recently not able to get the cover/artwork for my videos to display. my other imdb-sourced information displays correctly. it doesn't show in any of the view modes.

very few of my videos are split across files, so this is not a stacking issue.
i am experiencing something similar... and seeing this topic saves opening another thread.

unstacked or filemanager:
revolver - cd1.avi
revolver - cd2.avi

stacked :
revolver.avi

when i do a lookup whilst stacked only cd1 gets a database entry. cd2 is ignored so when doing a fancy skin and uing <info> in fullscreen video cd2 has no cover, genre, director, year etc...

you have to unstack and lookup cd2 seperately. <db entries below>

idfile idpath idmovie strfilename
73 5 73 /revolver - cd1.avi , revolver - cd2.avi

74 3 74 /revolver - cd1.avi

75 3 75 /revolver - cd2.avi

first, to clarify, you dont database entries for all the member files of the stack. the comma seperated one is the only one you need as this is the one that should be linked to the movie.

but there's definately a problem if only the first one is getting the thumb. the last related change was when jmarshall changed the code which applies the imdb thumb to the file items. from the description, the bug is likely in guiwindowvideofiles:Confusedetimdbthumbs().

take a look at that function. i originally "fixed" this it to work around a stacked items. there should be alot of debug output thats commented out. you can uncomment it and post the output.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
it's not the setimdbthumbs() code.

rather it is the stuff in the info manager getting the icon when the files are played without seamless stacking.

is seamless stacking really that slow that it is unusable??

cheers,
jonathan

jmarshall,
hmm... i fixed the info manager as well. it should get the info for a member file thats part of a stacked movie. (this is because when you scan, stacking is auto-enabled in the background to prevent duplicate entries.) maybe i missed the thumb piece.

changelog:

14-01-2006 fixed: current movie info from <info> tags for files that are part of a stacked movie

** edit **

cvideodatabase::hasmovieinfo() is the problem. its no longer matching member files from a stack.

jmarshall,
the change to cvideodatabase:Confusedplit() in cvideodatabase::getmovieinfo() is what broke the partial matching for a member file in a stack. in particular because the file part of the split is preceeded with the slash (ie, \file-cd2.avi). only the first memeber of a stack is actually preceeded by the slash (ie, \file-cd1.avi , file-cd2.avi, file-cd3.avi). so, like %\file-cd2-avi% will fail because there's no slash on file-cd2.avi in the database. if its changed back to cutil:Confusedplit(), it'll work again as this function removes the preceeding slash and so like %file-cd2.avi% will match.

it was changed to split to be consistent with the rest of the db code, and because it didn't work for unstacked stuff with cutil:Confusedplit().

edit: a suitable solution is to just look for the stack path.

we match both path and filename, or stack://path

we then run through the stack and grab the one that matches.

i'll commit this now.

cheers,
jonathan

the old code absolutely worked for non-stacked (single file) items since it used like on the filename. only getmovieinfo needs to have the slash removed. why do the work in code, when the sql query can do it all by itself?

actually, it didn't work because the path didn't match (slash at end issues) and adding a %% there would have got all the subpaths of that folder as well which isn't necessarily what we are looking for, as you'd get hits if subpaths had the same filename in it (not necessarily uncommon, given the filenaming techniques many use - cd1.avi etc.)

i'm certain it can be made more efficient - please feel free to take a look at how it works now (it basically runs a loop on the returned results like it did before - only the query has changed in order to exactly match a non-stacked path or return all stacked paths that match).

cheers,
jonathan

apologies withdrawn bug report!

This thread lines up pretty well with the problem I am seeing, so I will post here although the last message is > 5 months old:

I store all my movies on a samba share and call every movie either

Moviename.ext
or
Moviename - cd 1.ext
Moviename - cd 2.ext

Whenever I do a fresh install of XBMC and scan my movie folder, it works as expected for all movies, whether they are multiple files or not. However, if I add a new movie later on a multiple-file movie on I can do one of two things:

1) Do an imdb lookup on the first file only
This causes only the first file to make it into the database. Hence, when I play the movie from Title view, it will stop when the first file is done.

2) Do an imdb lookup of every file
This causes duplicate entries of the file to make it into the database

Another thing I notice is that when I do a lookup of Moviename - cd 1.avi,
xbmc sends the entire filename to imdb instead of just 'Moviename'. This leads to quite a few incorrect guesses, as there will never be an exact match.

Am I doing something wrong or are the abovementioned issues known ?
Re option 2... Are you refering to the "Query Info For All Files" context menu option? A full IMDB query should skip over the items which already exist in the database. When you do this, do you only see duplicates of the multi-part movies, or all of them which existed prior?
kraqh3d Wrote:Re option 2... Are you refering to the "Query Info For All Files" context menu option? A full IMDB query should skip over the items which already exist in the database. When you do this, do you only see duplicates of the multi-part movies, or all of them which existed prior?

Hmm, I haven't tried selecting 'Query Info for all Files' on more time. I will do that now and let you know how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie List Display problems0