Movie List Display problems
I have now done a new complete rescan of my movie directory with the following outcome:

The two movies I had that were currently only associated with one of the two avi files got re-registered, this time with both files associated. However, the previous version is also kept, so I am left with duplicates.

The first version of each movie is the single-file version while the second version is the correct one.

An easy problem for me to bypass (by manually removing the first entry from the database) but probably still a bug that should be looked into.
If you've not been using "Query Info for All Files", what exactly have you been doing?

Quote:The two movies I had that were currently only associated with one of the two avi files got re-registered, this time with both files associated. However, the previous version is also kept, so I am left with duplicates.

Do you have both a single-file and a two-file version of the same movie? Or did the first lookup only find the first file? (If its the latter, how did you do the lookup originally?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
My typical approach after xbmc has been installed from scratch

1) Query info for all files in movie directory on samba share. This scans everything properly, whether a movie consists of one, two or three files.
2) Whenever I get a new movie later on, I move the movie to the samba share and click the 'Info' button on the remote to query for that movie only
3) Using this method, if a new movie acquired after the initial scan consists of multiple files, anything after the first one will get ignored unless I specifically hit info on each file.

The reasons I don't hit Query info for all files after the aquisitition of new movies are many

1) Querying for new files even when there are none takes a long time
2) Some movies are scanned incorrectly during the initial scan. I go through the database and fix incorrect entries later, but subsequent All File Queries will reproduce the incorrect scans. For example, I have the movie "The Order" but autoscan believes it is the unreleased movie "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."
3) Query Info for All Files is not mapped to the remote with my keymap.xml

I don't have multiple versions of the same movie, but there are still stored as duplicates. For example, these are entries in my current database:

Empire of the Sun -> Empire of the Sun - cd 1.avi
Empire of the Sun -> Empire of the Sun - cd 1.avi, Empire of the Sun - cd 2.avi

Hope this clarifies things :-)
Before you do "Movie Lookup" on an individual file, enabling stacking. Then all the files will get added to the database correctly. "Query Info For All Files" stacks in the background. When you do a lookup on a single file, it only looks up that single file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Aha ! I'll try this when I get home from work. Thanks for your help !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie List Display problems0