Solved m4b support
I have read through some archived posts on this and I have never seen any resolution...
... I have a ton of audiobooks in this format, but hate the way the new iTunes displays them.

I love XBMC for everything else, and I pray for the day when I don't have to use iTunes anymore.

Thanks a ton for any help,
I too would love to see audiobooks getting proper support, and while .m4b support would certainly be a start there are other features that would also be needed to make XBMC suitable for audiobook listening:

1) Keeping track of the position in each book, like it already does for videos. Without this feature, audiobook playback is not really feasable unless you plan on listening to the whole book in one sitting.
2) "Flattening" multi-file audiobooks. Keeping track of your position wouldn't work without this, since it would probably keep track of your progress for each individual file instead of the book as a whole.
3) Crossfading should always be disabled for audiobooks, even if you have it enabled for music.
sialivi,

There is a lot to love about the m4b format.
1. Remembers position... as you mentioned, a most critical feature to truly enjoying audiobooks.
2. Can name chapters within the file correctly
3. Can even insert chapter-art (cool feature for what it's worth)

I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it would be to add this feature, and I would gladly convert my books to another that XBMC can interpret, but I do not want to lose any of the key features that I already have with the m4b format.

Thanks to all for comments/support
Sorry for the cross post, but just in case anyone is watching this thread.

I'm currently working on an addon to support Audiobooks, if you have any comments, then please feel free to add to the following thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2113594

Thanks

Rob
Awesome, your a machine Wink

A new thread might help in the add-on section to get visibility
(2015-09-23, 12:22)zag Wrote: Awesome, your a machine Wink

A new thread might help in the add-on section to get visibility

Create the following thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239859

Which also contains the latest version

P.S. I'm not watching this thread, so will not see anything posted on it, please post to the above thread if you wanted me to see it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m4b support0