Linux No voices with 5.1
Hi guys. This is my first time posting so hopefully I'm doing this right. I have a pi running raspbmc. The hdmi passes through my receiver. When I try play movies in 5.1 I can't hear the voices but all other sound is fine. If the movie is in 2.0 everything is fine. I tried changing every setting I could find in XBMC but nothing helped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
5.1 is only for multichannel PCM and will only work on devices that supports that.
Set 2.0, passthrough will still be multichannel for AC3 and DTS.

Edit: Some info on this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ras...support.3F
Thanks. Just so I'm clear the speaker configuration should be set to 2.0?
'Zactly so tb, I went through the same issue with 'Rush', for example.

Jim
Yes, set it to 2.0.
Passthrough will still be multichannel (if supported).
Other setting than 2.0 is only for multichannel PCM (not passthrough, for example AAC).
I'll give it a try. Thanks guys.
Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks, I'm running Kodi 17.3 on an Asustor NAS and had this issue with two shows I watch. Just two, so it was annoying as hell. Thanks again!
I've just found this was the issue with some TV shows I was watching. Changed Kodi settings to 2.1 instead of 5.1 and suddenly clear as day, previously voices couldn't be heard at all.

Surely there is a way around this without having to change to 2.1 in Kodi Settings before playing every time?
(2018-01-27, 14:31)Abbaskip Wrote: I've just found this was the issue with some TV shows I was watching. Changed Kodi settings to 2.1 instead of 5.1 and suddenly clear as day, previously voices couldn't be heard at all.

Surely there is a way around this without having to change to 2.1 in Kodi Settings before playing every time?
 Please read http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi/FAQ#H...support.3F

If you receiver supports multichannel PCM set it to 5.1.
If it doesn't then set it to "2.0" and enable passthough. You will still get multichannel audio output. There is no need to change this setting every time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No voices with 5.10