Linux Cron to wake/suspend help
Question 
Hello everyone. I'm currently having trouble with rtcwake.

My goal is to have my system wake at 01:00 am and then suspend at 07:00 am, everyday.

My cron for wake is:

Code:
rtcwake -m no -u -t $(date +%s -d 'tomorrow 20:00')

Now, you may be wondering "why is your time set to 20:00?" Well, that's the first part of my mystery. The output of this command is:

Code:
rtcwake: wakeup using /dev/rtc0 at Fri Jan 17 00:59:51 2014

So, as you can see, the output of rtc is 5 hours plus of the system time. I'm sure this to do with UTC and system time something or other, but it's beyond my understanding.

Part 2: I use webmin to manage my server. Before some one asks me why or to stop using it, please know that I just like it and I have no intention of not using it. That doesn't mean I'm not open to using terminal to set this particular wake/suspend schedule, but I'm currently trying to do it with Webmin.

Now that you know I use Webmin, I want you to know that I use it to schedule "pm-suspend" to run at the scheduled hour of "7". Now, I assume that schedule operates on system time, so maybe this means it will run at 12 noon. Setting it to run at "2" would probably be a patchwork solution.

So the question is two-fold:

Can I make system time/hardware time to match UTC?

Or, is there a smarter way to go about this?

I've done a million searches on this and it seems that there's tons of information available, but I don't have the knowledge to decipher it.

Thanks for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cron to wake/suspend help0