• 23(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
How about an info panel on the album showcase screen?

Either that or make the album covers much bigger, the screen currently looks very bare Wink

New link in first post for preview #4. You should also update the library data provider script and skin shortcuts (which should be auto-updated, but check just to be sure).
Thx to Unfledged, custom submenus should be much faster now.
new preview Smile

did script.skinshortcuts
is been pull off from the xbmc repo?
It's been moved from the Frodo repo to the Gotham one - http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/sc...shortcuts/
ohh thanks Unfledged
Hi,

Running latest gotham build 04/02/2014, on Nox5 preview 3, remote Mysql

- Cant modify submenus, window for customization opens and auto closes
- Tv shows tripanel view and list view shows 2 digits for number of episodes, if there are 100+ shows + sign. (maybe this is intentional?)
- Concerts view, after selection of concert, there is no info view it plays straight away even if its configured to show info in xbmc system video
- On preview 2 version i had some weird occasional stuck screens when playing music album, its setup to show random music fanart and after starting
song there would be album pic (folder.jpg) stuck on screen and xbmc unresponsive and in background fananrt showing and flickering...
- No more sort by date added in some movies views ?

Great skin, great features and design as always, keep up the good work BigNoid. Maybe the biggest thing i m missing from Nox4 is Music widget now playing with info....but hey Smile
(2014-02-05, 20:49)kikinjo Wrote: Hi,

Running latest gotham build 04/02/2014, on Nox5 preview 3, remote Mysql

- Cant modify submenus, window for customization opens and auto closes
- Tv shows tripanel view and list view shows 2 digits for number of episodes, if there are 100+ shows + sign. (maybe this is intentional?)
- Concerts view, after selection of concert, there is no info view it plays straight away even if its configured to show info in xbmc system video
- On preview 2 version i had some weird occasional stuck screens when playing music album, its setup to show random music fanart and after starting
song there would be album pic (folder.jpg) stuck on screen and xbmc unresponsive and in background fananrt showing and flickering...
- No more sort by date added in some movies views ?

Great skin, great features and design as always, keep up the good work BigNoid. Maybe the biggest thing i m missing from Nox4 is Music widget now playing with info....but hey Smile
- Fixed that, link updated in first post.
- That is intentional, cause theres no space for more than 2 digits. Easy fix, start watching some episodes of the shows that show a plus Wink
- Cannot reproduce and think this is a problem with xbmc rather the skin.
- Might be a bug, but need a debug log to be sure.
- I have no control over that, so that must be a Gotham issue.
Thanx, ill reproduce music problem and post debug log.
I've noticed the movie "sort by added" problem.

It works fine from the movies link, but not from other links to the movie library.
After using Nox 5 for awhile I think I've noticed a few bugs that I don't think have been mentioned before. Also some requests if possible. I am using latest Gotham nightly and newly updated Nox 5 preview 5.

Possible Bugs:

After entering music library/artists and pressing back to return to the home menu it brings me to music library/root instead of the home menu like when exiting the tv show or movie libraries.

I don't see rotating music fanart in party mode but I do when playing a regular playlist or song.

TV show infoline has incorrect watched/unwatched numbers, they are identical to each other.

When FIRST entering the All TV Channels list, nothing is highlighted and an arrow must be pressed to the left or right to highlight the list.

EPG can't be changed back to channel list by pressing left, it just scrolls back in the timeline hours before the current time, instead of reaching the current time then sliding open and highlighting the sidebar to switch back to the channel listing.

The extra setting for "select mode for tv tunes integration" doesn't appear to work as I would've expected... when selecting the option to play "on open video info" it also starts playback upon entering the shows episode list even though I selected "on open video info" as the option, is that the desired effect?

Requests:
I miss the option to quickly run artwork downloader for the selected tv show or movie and fetch all artwork just for that one item without picking each piece of artwork one by one or running AD for all library items after just adding a single item to the library.

A no cover flow option for showcase view.

Not sure if a skin can offer this kind of functionality but I'd love an option to disable the screensaver only while playing music fullscreen without a visualization... Maybe counting rotating fanart as a visualization if playing music fullscreen when selecting "use visualization if playing audio" is selected in screensaver setting?

In Nox 4, during full screen playback of music and pressing info you used to be able to see and change song ratings by pressing up & down.

Artist logo when playing music fullscreen and pressing info.

An option to delete entries in live tv sidebar (radio channels etc...)

Ability to hide top bar if mouse input is disabled.

Option for a main menu layout icons with labels.

And a logo view but I believe I remember reading it would be included as it's own view in a future release.

Thank You.
(2014-02-05, 21:20)zag Wrote: I've noticed the movie "sort by added" problem.

It works fine from the movies link, but not from other links to the movie library.

For me its only working from Videos -> Movies. From movies menu not.
(2014-02-05, 21:20)zag Wrote: I've noticed the movie "sort by added" problem.

Okay, I probably know why this happens. Its because of linking to the video nodes.xml instead of forcing the library. Imo a bug in xbmc, but I'll change it back to the old way till thats fixed. For now change the default select action to "ActivateWindow(videos,movietitles,return)" to sort that problem.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: After using Nox 5 for awhile I think I've noticed a few bugs that I don't think have been mentioned before. Also some requests if possible. I am using latest Gotham nightly and newly updated Nox 5 preview 5.

Possible Bugs:

After entering music library/artists and pressing back to return to the home menu it brings me to music library/root instead of the home menu like when exiting the tv show or movie libraries.
Yeah, this is intentional. If you need different functionality, you can adjust the default select action to suit your needs, eg ActivateWindow(Music,Artists,return).
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I don't see rotating music fanart in party mode but I do when playing a regular playlist or song.

Could be, never tested that. Will look into it.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: TV show infoline has incorrect watched/unwatched numbers, they are identical to each other.
In video info, yes, there was a bug http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14893. On home screen, it shows correctly for me, and always has.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: When FIRST entering the All TV Channels list, nothing is highlighted and an arrow must be pressed to the left or right to highlight the list.
Could be, must look into that. In the demo that I use, I cant always reproduce this.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: EPG can't be changed back to channel list by pressing left, it just scrolls back in the timeline hours before the current time, instead of reaching the current time then sliding open and highlighting the sidebar to switch back to the channel listing.
Press back to go to the left menu. This is a bit coutner intuitive, but does allow you to go back a bit time in epg.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: The extra setting for "select mode for tv tunes integration" doesn't appear to work as I would've expected... when selecting the option to play "on open video info" it also starts playback upon entering the shows episode list even though I selected "on open video info" as the option, is that the desired effect?
Never tested it, I coded it directly from the add-on wiki page, will look into that.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Requests:
I miss the option to quickly run artwork downloader for the selected tv show or movie and fetch all artwork just for that one item without picking each piece of artwork one by one or running AD for all library items after just adding a single item to the library.
Yes, I agree. It was my intention to have it there, but I guess I never thought of it anymore.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: A no cover flow option for showcase view.
I wont add that anymore. I love the slide animation, but the poster view itself doesn't look all that great imo. Especially with the infopanel on.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Not sure if a skin can offer this kind of functionality but I'd love an option to disable the screensaver only while playing music fullscreen without a visualization... Maybe counting rotating fanart as a visualization if playing music fullscreen when selecting "use visualization if playing audio" is selected in screensaver setting?
Dont think I can do this by hacking skin xmls.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: In Nox 4, during full screen playback of music and pressing info you used to be able to see and change song ratings by pressing up & down.

Artist logo when playing music fullscreen and pressing info.
Music viz is not done yet. Along with couple other areas in skin.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: An option to delete entries in live tv sidebar (radio channels etc...)
Too much code to add. Easy mod to do yourself if it really bugs you.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Ability to hide top bar if mouse input is disabled.
The topbar is an integral part of the skin. I'm not adding options to hide that, it will raise too many issues.
(2014-02-05, 21:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Option for a main menu layout icons with labels.
I dubbed on that a long time. Still not sure which is better.

Man...that took a long time to answer all Tongue
apologies, the info line error on tv shows was my mistake I forgot that I redid the library and did not mark things watched when I was done.

When you mentioned poster view it got me thinking that I never use that view because when you reach the end it doesn't loop back to the beginning, it's always been like that so I was just curious the reason behind that if you don't mind telling?

Thank you for your help and taking the time to answer my super long post :-)
Just tested the tvtunes bit. Apparently theres an addon option also to enable tvtunes while browsing the library, so I might have to rethink my option structure. it works as intended with the addon option checked, btw.

EDIT: Nevermind, its not working right. Will make it a on/off setting.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537