• 253(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
I have been using Aeon Nox for as long as I have been using XBMC/Kodi, which means some five years now. 
The main reason for coming back to AEON Nox from any other skin is the unique feature of the Logo-View of Movies and TV-Shows.

For whatever reason, Kodi does not load a logo automatically, although it does so at least with the fanart and the poster. 

But there's the Artwork-Downloader to solve that. 

At least it was, until some months ago. Until fanart.tv and tmdb changed their api-keys, or whatever they did so that the artwork-downloader was rejected due to incorrect keys. 
Well, problem - but solvable. As a contributor on fanart.tv I had no problem to create my own keys and insert them into the addon-config-files. It worked again for some time.

But now it's back to being rejected due to incorrect keys.

In the forum-thread of the Artwork-Downloader it seems to be the general consent that it's a problem with Aeon Nox, not with the Artwork-Downloader nor with Kodi.

So, to cut a long story short: is there ANY working solution to get Kodi with Aeon Nox and Artwork-Downloader to do what has worked for years: automatically access fanart.tv and grab the corresponding logos? Or at least to work with manual download in the info-screen of any movie or show? 

I really don't want to make this a REAL handwork, browsing fanart.tv manually for any missing logo and copying these into the folder-structure of my video-library!
@momo03 The problem lies with Artwork Downloader.

Quote:In the forum-thread of the Artwork-Downloader it seems to be the general consent that it's a problem with Aeon Nox, not with the Artwork-Downloader nor with Kodi.
No such general consent mentioned and is extremely unlikely (almost impossible) so this is pure hogwash.
(2017-12-05, 20:21)momo03 Wrote: I have been using Aeon Nox for as long as I have been using XBMC/Kodi, which means some five years now. 
The main reason for coming back to AEON Nox from any other skin is the unique feature of the Logo-View of Movies and TV-Shows.

For whatever reason, Kodi does not load a logo automatically, although it does so at least with the fanart and the poster. 

But there's the Artwork-Downloader to solve that. 

At least it was, until some months ago. Until fanart.tv and tmdb changed their api-keys, or whatever they did so that the artwork-downloader was rejected due to incorrect keys. 
Well, problem - but solvable. As a contributor on fanart.tv I had no problem to create my own keys and insert them into the addon-config-files. It worked again for some time.

But now it's back to being rejected due to incorrect keys.

In the forum-thread of the Artwork-Downloader it seems to be the general consent that it's a problem with Aeon Nox, not with the Artwork-Downloader nor with Kodi.

So, to cut a long story short: is there ANY working solution to get Kodi with Aeon Nox and Artwork-Downloader to do what has worked for years: automatically access fanart.tv and grab the corresponding logos? Or at least to work with manual download in the info-screen of any movie or show? 

I really don't want to make this a REAL handwork, browsing fanart.tv manually for any missing logo and copying these into the folder-structure of my video-library!

I have switched to Artwork Beef addon and it is working well for me. In the settings of the addon you have to put your own API keys. It's much easier compared to editing xml files with notepad++.

Hope this helps.
(2017-11-04, 04:11)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 21:44)sakos Wrote: First of all, what you did, works fine.
My concern that now the plot has less lines in main channel list. Maybe someone will not be happy with this change. Actually there is no scroll at all. It means that some part of the plot will be hidden compared to the previous version.

The extension of the OSD channel list would be more useful.
Made some recent changes on GitHub please test when you can. Ignore my redesign for PVR info cause that will not be part of the PR I send for Aeon Nox 5.

I did not notice your response before. Just tested your changes and they are perfect for me in both normal and OSD channel list view.
Many thanks!
(2017-12-06, 22:20)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @momo03 The problem lies with Artwork Downloader.
Quote:In the forum-thread of the Artwork-Downloader it seems to be the general consent that it's a problem with Aeon Nox, not with the Artwork-Downloader nor with Kodi.
No such general consent mentioned and is extremely unlikely (almost impossible) so this is pure hogwash. 
It was indeed - for some posts. There were several users where the problem persisted after exchanging the API-keys, including me. And the only thing in common was the use of Aeon Nox. 

It's neither a problem with artwork-downloader, nor is the problem related to fanart.tv or tmdb.org. 

Finally someone found out that it's down to the TMDB-scraper. It seems to mess up the title-IDs in the kodi-database, and that's why the artwork-downloader can't get anything from fanart.tv. 
The problem only gets really obvious when using the logo-view, which explains why only Aeon-Users were still experiencing problems. The TMDB-scraper is adding fanart and poster from TMDB during scraping-process, so with most views and skins it's not obvious at first sight that the artwork-downloader is failing.

Workaround is to use universal-movie-scraper and set everything to using TMDB where possible. It's not perfect because it sticks to english here and there despite everything being set to german, where the TMDB-scraper yielded german results, but at least the artwork-downloader can do its job again. 

Sadly this workaround means that the whole database hat to be rebuilt. Fastest way for me was to set all movie-sources to "nothing", clean the database and then set them back to "movies" with universal-scraper and re-read the sources. 

With 2 PCs, 3 HTPCs, 2 tablets and 2 smarthpones that means a lot of work and time.
(2017-12-10, 12:16)sakos Wrote: I did not notice your response before. Just tested your changes and they are perfect for me in both normal and OSD channel list view.
Many thanks!
Please test as many PVR areas you can and if PVR is ready to go. I will send a PR with all changes except PVR info for consideration to be included in AN:5.
(2017-12-12, 05:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-12-10, 12:16)sakos Wrote: I did not notice your response before. Just tested your changes and they are perfect for me in both normal and OSD channel list view.
Many thanks!
Please test as many PVR areas you can and if PVR is ready to go. I will send a PR with all changes except PVR info for consideration to be included in AN:5. 
I am using PVR every day. The strange behavior of PVR info was noticed.
Today, I found another odd behavior in Silvo skin. If the TV channel does not start for any reason, the info panel (which pops up at channel switching and at pressing OK button) remains on the screen and cannot be removed. Even if I open the OSD channel list this info window covers the bottom part of the channel list. Rare case but annoying.
(2017-12-16, 18:37)sakos Wrote: I am using PVR every day. The strange behavior of PVR info was noticed.
Today, I found another odd behavior in Silvo skin. If the TV channel does not start for any reason, the info panel (which pops up at channel switching and at pressing OK button) remains on the screen and cannot be removed. Even if I open the OSD channel list this info window covers the bottom part of the channel list. Rare case but annoying. 

Additional observation:
In Aeon Nox Silvo, the Live TV item of the main menu disappears if the PVR client is not connected to the server. At least,l I never seen this in Aeon Nox. This is an annoying behavior. Please do not merge it. It seems that the Live TV menu item does not always re-appear when the connection to the server is recovered.
I hope you guys don't really mind that I have not read these ~7500 posts in this thread to find out if my problem has been discussed before. 
I have tried to google it, but don't really know how to express my problem so that google will bring up something usable.

Situation:
I have a rather large video-library and I'm using the logo-view of Aeon-Nox.
I have created custom-buttons in the home-menu for cleaning up the video-library, rescanning the video-sources, running artwork-downloader and running movieset-artwork-automator. 
I'm running Kodi on some 5 Windows-PCs, some smartphones and some tablets. 

Problem:
Everytime I do some changes to the video-library I have to klick these four buttons on each Kodi-Client, and some of these action take a considerable amount of time, and they can't be run simultaneously.

Question:
How can I creat ONE button in Aeon that executes these four actions in a row?

I'm not a kodi-nerd, I have no python-knowledge nor have I any experience with Kodi-Scripts (I just know that somethin like that exists). The furthest I have digged into such stuff was adding my API-keys to the Artwork-Downloader-config.

BTW: The bug in the TMDB-Scraper seems to be solved. I'm currentyl busy re-building and re-scraping the video-libraries on all clients.
(2017-12-16, 18:37)sakos Wrote: I am using PVR every day. The strange behavior of PVR info was noticed.
I am not sure what this means. Please provide any more info you can think of. Screenshots or whatever else...

(2017-12-21, 21:35)sakos Wrote: Additional observation:
In Aeon Nox Silvo, the Live TV item of the main menu disappears if the PVR client is not connected to the server. At least,l I never seen this in Aeon Nox. This is an annoying behavior. Please do not merge it. It seems that the Live TV menu item does not always re-appear when the connection to the server is recovered.
This is likely an issue with your backend but it should not effect Aeon Nox 5 cause the main menu is handled completely differently. I must ask that if you are using SiLVO then please post in my thread instead of here. That being said you can try deleting the Live TV menu item and creating a new custom one to see if your issue is solved by using a menu item that does not have a pre-defined visible conditions.
(2017-12-28, 09:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I must ask that if you are using SiLVO then please post in my thread instead of here.  
See my response in Aeon Nox Silvo topic
So I installed Dax17 v3.0 build and was playing around with settings, just to learn what each does. 

Here's what I did:

Setting>Interface(expert)>Skin>Configure Skin>Main menu>Aeon Nox main menu horizonal position
  • Changed setting from "center" to "low"

Result:

Back to main menu, now the ONLY thing I see is in upper right part of the screen is is the date and time, clicking right several time shows a widget "Trakt Trending TV".  Nothing else shows up

Questions:

How can I bring up the SETTINGS menu so I can change it back?
tv show runtime is not showing again.

old stuff that i've had scanned in the db for awhile still shows it, but for anything new it's just a blank space.
Hello, I'm still trying to get my music ratings from the mp3tags set in musicbee to the mp3files to show up everywhere in Kodi Aeon Nox. They show on the current playing OSD and when I choose Song Information. But they do not show in the list views of Current Playlist (Party mode or no), or listing an album for instance. Is this intentional, and how can I force the music ratings to show up? Thanks!
Hi mikeSiLVO

I am looking at the Event Log screen and notice the formatting is a bit off. Also, once an entry is highlighted, the text disappears.

Is this an easy fix?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 253(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537