• 55(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-03-16, 12:51)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 03:03)hewligun Wrote: I am not sure if this is a gotham problem or an aeon nox problem. But no matter what I do. once i select any show to play. once its over it auto repeats. I delete it from the playlist start a new show and it just repeats. Anyone know if its a gotham bug or skin bug?
Definitely not a skin bug.

You might want to see if it replicates on your end. XBMC team said it may be skin related. This is what the response was.

"The auto-repeat button is skin dependant, some on the OSD others on the slide out menu."

Although it may not point to why its automatically doing it.
Hi,

Using the info/menu overlay during movie playback doesn't show the thumb any more... I thought this was possible in the previews? Has this been dropped?
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
Awesome work as usual.

Love the BigAssLabel in music vis, I had a thought to try and make the fade-in more seamless by forcing it to occur offscreen - maybe prepend some spaces to the label string. Not a skinner, expected to be mucking around with substrings and indexes and learning how the skinning engine handles string labels. To my surprise, just adding some spaces to the xml worked:

Code:
        <control type="fadelabel">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <heigth>1080</heigth>
            <width>1920</width>
            <scroll>true</scroll>
            <scrollout>true</scrollout>
            <font>BigAssFont</font>
            <pauseatend>200</pauseatend>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <label>                      $INFO[Player.Title]</label>
            <label>                      $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>
            <label>                      $INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]</label>
            <textcolor>1FFFFFFF</textcolor>
            <textoffsetx>20</textoffsetx>
            <resetonlabelchange>true</resetonlabelchange>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(BigAssLabel)</visible>        
        </control>

<posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <heigth>1920</heigth>
            <width>1080</width>
            <scroll>true</scroll>
            <font>BigAssFont</font>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <label>               $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>
            <label>               $INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]</label>
            <label>               $INFO[Player.Title]</label>
            <animation effect="rotate" tween="cubic" time="720" center="auto" end="90" condition="true">Conditonal</animation>
        </control>

That's about 22 spaces in the first block, 15 in the second. Dunno what might break that I didn't think of. Blush I think the result looks nicer though, consider something similar? Thanks.
In Landscape view is it supposed to show Fanart, Clear Icon, Clear Art or the Landscape thumb? all I seem to be getting is the default Fanart for each of my movies.
How to get the use of logo view?

Some setting in the scrapper that needs to be turned on (altough I can't see it?)

Im using XEM for Shows and Universal Movie Scraper for Movies.

PS: Also, libray script to show recent added ep's only shows 1 entry in TV Shows, and i've done all things suggested noid.
(2014-03-17, 00:03)hewligun Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 12:51)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 03:03)hewligun Wrote: I am not sure if this is a gotham problem or an aeon nox problem. But no matter what I do. once i select any show to play. once its over it auto repeats. I delete it from the playlist start a new show and it just repeats. Anyone know if its a gotham bug or skin bug?
Definitely not a skin bug.

You might want to see if it replicates on your end. XBMC team said it may be skin related. This is what the response was.

"The auto-repeat button is skin dependant, some on the OSD others on the slide out menu."

Although it may not point to why its automatically doing it.
That is only about the position of the setting. In Nox its in the now playing window in the slide out menu. Its not a skin issue if that setting is turned on Wink
(2014-03-17, 00:12)speedway Wrote: Hi,

Using the info/menu overlay during movie playback doesn't show the thumb any more... I thought this was possible in the previews? Has this been dropped?
No, was never possible. There's a info button on the osd that shows the thumb.
(2014-03-17, 02:38)antisuck Wrote: Awesome work as usual.

Love the BigAssLabel in music vis, I had a thought to try and make the fade-in more seamless by forcing it to occur offscreen - maybe prepend some spaces to the label string. Not a skinner, expected to be mucking around with substrings and indexes and learning how the skinning engine handles string labels. To my surprise, just adding some spaces to the xml worked:

Code:
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <heigth>1080</heigth>
            <width>1920</width>
            <scroll>true</scroll>
            <font>BigAssFont</font>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <label>                      $INFO[Player.Title]</label>
            <label>                      $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>
            <label>                      $INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]</label>
        </control>

<posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <heigth>1920</heigth>
            <width>1080</width>
            <scroll>true</scroll>
            <font>BigAssFont</font>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <label>               $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>
            <label>               $INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]</label>
            <label>               $INFO[Player.Title]</label>
            <animation effect="rotate" tween="cubic" time="720" center="auto" end="90" condition="true">Conditonal</animation>
        </control>

That's about 22 spaces in the first block, 15 in the second. Dunno what might break that I didn't think of. Blush I think the result looks nicer though, consider something similar? Thanks.
Will try that out, thx.
(2014-03-17, 12:05)davew_uk Wrote: In Landscape view is it supposed to show Fanart, Clear Icon, Clear Art or the Landscape thumb? all I seem to be getting is the default Fanart for each of my movies.
Nope, its only fanar for now.
(2014-03-17, 15:40)djhifi Wrote: How to get the use of logo view?

Some setting in the scrapper that needs to be turned on (altough I can't see it?)

Im using XEM for Shows and Universal Movie Scraper for Movies.

PS: Also, libray script to show recent added ep's only shows 1 entry in TV Shows, and i've done all things suggested noid.
Logo view should just be there if you cycle the views. I'm pretty sure you dont update correctly as I fixed the recent/random episodes showing only one entry with this commit.
But you can also use a playlist for that. In the skin/extras/playlist folder there should be a recentepisodes.xsp. Point to that for the widget.
BigNoid, Please fix logo view for fixed list. It allways cycle.
@francovillar: forgot your post in my reply. Will fix that Smile
Looks good as always.

I guess it's too late but the only things I miss is the BigFan view (I love to use it for my movies) and the episode view (with only the fanart and the episodes on the right), it was a clean view showing again most of the fanart.

Maybe someone will create a mod to integrate them if you won't...
OK - PC is Windows x64 running XBMC Gotham Beta 2 and the latest git of Aeon 5. Here's everything I've encountered so far - I realise some of these you've covered in other posts but I've left them in for completeness sake. I really hope some of these could be addressed, I like the stylish good looks and low resource consumption of this skin :-)

Main Menu

- No live DVD cases (random)
- No live CD cases (random)
- Live DVD cases has high GPU usage
- Can't see custom submenu items (Play DVD, Eject Tray) in my custom "Now Playing" menu item. All this menu does is call the custom action "fullscreen", BTW
- Weather widget position not configurable, looks silly all the way at the top with a low menu

In-Menu

Movies: Landscape view only shows fanart, should be configurable or at least landscape thumbs with a configurable fallback
Movies: No small posters in Shift view
Videos: When background is set to fanart, and no fanart is available or when in file mode, shows default_bg.jpg - doesn't seem to be a default fallback_video file anywhere?
Videos: Fallback fanart should be configurable anyway?
Videos: Transport controls do not appear in background when mousing along the top border of the screen or pressing "m" on the keyboard/remote (works in fullscreen mode)
Music: When background is set to fanart, and no fanart is available or when in file mode, shows wrong background (from my custom video menu items) instead of fallback_music.jpg
Music: Fallback fanart should be configurable anyway?

Fullscreen Music Player

- Toggling "hide fanart" causes crash
- Artist slideshow only partially works when "hide fanart" is set (is working fine in Aeon 4 Gotham as of yesterday though)
- new data starts downloading but the fanart background doesn't always change
- when no data is available for an artist it doesn't show the fallback slideshow, it shows random fanart
- No option to hide visualisation and see the artist slideshow

Fullscreen Video Player

- If no clearart is available for a movie, nothing is shown in the bottom right corner. Movie poster should be the default anyway?
- If you click the "info" icon in the transport controls when a video file is playing you cannot toggle the menu away again by pressing "i" on the keyboard/remote
- For non-library video files, the info display doesn't have the same layout depending on if you click the "info" icon or press "i" on the keyboard/remote

Background Music Player

- Artist slideshow is not displayed (is working fine in Aeon 4 Gotham as of yesterday though)
- Transport controls do not appear when mousing along the top border of the screen or pressing M (works in fullscreen mode though)

Background Video Player

- Transport controls do not appear when mousing along the top border of the screen or pressing M (works in fullscreen mode though)
It that a known bug ? (Confluence work well)
If i go -> Settings -> TV -> Clientspecific Settings (in my case VDR) i got this

(2014-03-17, 17:26)davew_uk Wrote: OK - PC is Windows x64 running XBMC Gotham Beta 2 and the latest git of Aeon 5. Here's everything I've encountered so far - I realise some of these you've covered in other posts but I've left them in for completeness sake. I really hope some of these could be addressed, I like the stylish good looks and low resource consumption of this skin :-)

Main Menu

- No live DVD cases (random)
- No live CD cases (random)
- Live DVD cases has high GPU usage
- Can't see custom submenu items (Play DVD, Eject Tray) in my custom "Now Playing" menu item. All this menu does is call the custom action "fullscreen", BTW
- Weather widget position not configurable, looks silly all the way at the top with a low menu

- You can use a playlist for that.
- Not added and dont know if I will.
- Cant reproduce that.
- Cant reproduce that.
- Wont be configurable, imo this way it looks best.

(2014-03-17, 17:26)davew_uk Wrote: In-Menu

Movies: Landscape view only shows fanart, should be configurable or at least landscape thumbs with a configurable fallback
Movies: No small posters in Shift view
Videos: When background is set to fanart, and no fanart is available or when in file mode, shows default_bg.jpg - doesn't seem to be a default fallback_video file anywhere?
Videos: Fallback fanart should be configurable anyway?
Videos: Transport controls do not appear in background when mousing along the top border of the screen or pressing "m" on the keyboard/remote (works in fullscreen mode)
Music: When background is set to fanart, and no fanart is available or when in file mode, shows wrong background (from my custom video menu items) instead of fallback_music.jpg
Music: Fallback fanart should be configurable anyway?
- Not added and dont know if I will add it.
- Not added and dont know if I will add it.
- Its supposed to fallback to random video fanart, but I see that doesnt work. Will fix that.
- In this version fallbacks are not configurable, it's all supposed to fallback to the images of the main menu item or if that item has dvd cases set it should fallback to random fanart. I'll have a look again if thats working properly though.
- Indeed player controls are not added. Will be though before final.
(2014-03-17, 17:26)davew_uk Wrote: Fullscreen Music Player

- Toggling "hide fanart" causes crash
- Artist slideshow only partially works when "hide fanart" is set (is working fine in Aeon 4 Gotham as of yesterday though)
- new data starts downloading but the fanart background doesn't always change
- when no data is available for an artist it doesn't show the fallback slideshow, it shows random fanart
- No option to hide visualisation and see the artist slideshow
- I see, will fix that.
- Artist slideshow is used if the background is set to fanart. I cant control if it gets refreshed properly. It's supposed to fallback to library fanart and then random fanart
- Yes there is, you can set visualization to none in xbmc settings. No need for a skin setting for that.

(2014-03-17, 17:26)davew_uk Wrote: Fullscreen Video Player

- If no clearart is available for a movie, nothing is shown in the bottom right corner. Movie poster should be the default anyway?
- If you click the "info" icon in the transport controls when a video file is playing you cannot toggle the menu away again by pressing "i" on the keyboard/remote
- For non-library video files, the info display doesn't have the same layout depending on if you click the "info" icon or press "i" on the keyboard/remote
- That works as intended.
- Indeed, still not sure if I should make that info default. Will think about that some more.

(2014-03-17, 17:26)davew_uk Wrote: Background Music Player

- Artist slideshow is not displayed (is working fine in Aeon 4 Gotham as of yesterday though)
- Works as intended, I'm not adding music player fanart/artist slideshow anywhere but in the visualization screen. In this version the homescreen wont be a substitute for the viz screen.

Anyway, thx for testing but you should not compare v5 to v4 in case anything is missing. Most of the time that is intended Smile
(2014-03-17, 17:56)Namerp Wrote: It that a known bug ? (Confluence work well)
If i go -> Settings -> TV -> Clientspecific Settings (in my case VDR) i got this
I dont know how to reproduce that.
When there's no fanart (or in a non-video library node) falling back to the parent menu background or a fallback_XXX.jpg file sounds perfect to me. Configurable from the menu would be better but I understand your goal is a lighter skin :-)

With regards to artist slideshow, if its working in Aeon Nox 4 for Gotham and not working in Aeon Nox 5 on the same box that kind of indicates a problem with the skin as that's the only thing that's changed.

With regards to artist slideshow/visualisation, since there is an option for visualisation in background that seems kind of inconsistent to me. If artist slideshow is allowed in fullscreen but only visualisation is allowed in fullscreen AND background that is confusing. It also seems pretty baffling to have them both playing at the same time but that's a matter of taste I guess.

As for comparisons between Nox 4 and Nox 5, they're inevitable and I don't think you are going to be able to escape them. To me, Nox 4 is a direct continuation of the old skin with some nice tweaks, whereas Nox 5 is pretty much a whole new skin. I'm loyal to Nox 4 but Nox 5 is more stylish and uses dramatically less GPU resources. I can handle losing some functionality by switching to Nox 5, but I don't want to lose too much or I might as well stick with Nox 4 seeing as my box can handle it.
(2014-03-17, 20:21)davew_uk Wrote: When there's no fanart (or in a non-video library node) falling back to the parent menu background or a fallback_XXX.jpg file sounds perfect to me. Configurable from the menu would be better but I understand your goal is a lighter skin :-)

With regards to artist slideshow, if its working in Aeon Nox 4 for Gotham and not working in Aeon Nox 5 on the same box that kind of indicates a problem with the skin as that's the only thing that's changed.

With regards to artist slideshow/visualisation, since there is an option for visualisation in background that seems kind of inconsistent to me. If artist slideshow is allowed in fullscreen but only visualisation is allowed in fullscreen AND background that is confusing. It also seems pretty baffling to have them both playing at the same time but that's a matter of taste I guess.

As for comparisons between Nox 4 and Nox 5, they're inevitable and I don't think you are going to be able to escape them. To me, Nox 4 is a direct continuation of the old skin with some nice tweaks, whereas Nox 5 is pretty much a whole new skin. I'm loyal to Nox 4 but Nox 5 is more stylish and uses dramatically less GPU resources. I can handle losing some functionality by switching to Nox 5, but I don't want to lose too much or I might as well stick with Nox 4 seeing as my box can handle it.
For fallbacks and music viz it should now work as I intended with beta 2. That is, it should fallback to main menu item images or in case of DVD Cases to random fanart.
In music viz it now shows artist slideshow when fanart is selected and you have the artist slideshow addon installed. It wont fallback to anything, so you should set the fallback slideshow in the addon settings. If the artist slideshow is disabled it shows library fanart and fallsback to random music fanart.
Default fanart is still not working for me in beta 2.

Here's what I did

1. Unzipped beta 2 over the top of AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5

2. Go to skin settings, setup main menu, music menu item, confirmed that background is set to multi-image and set to my custom path

3. Go to Music, select an album with no fanart

expected result - see rotating background images as set in step 2
actual result - see rotating background images for my Videos menu entry

I think (and this is pure speculation) that it doesn't realise I have customised my main menu. I'm not using the default Music main menu item, its completely custom and points to Music/Albums. I don't remember which main menu item I edited to create it. Many of my other main menu items are custom as well, so perhaps it is picking up the background of whatever I customised the default music main menu item to.

In any case, it is *not* picking up the background of the parent menu item.

EDIT: not working for videos either. I still see the default background image.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537