• 92(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
I was thinking of setting the skin strings directly, as I believe that would save a bit of work on the skins side - so if you wanted the label and path of the movies set, you'd pass in MovieHomeItem.Label and MovieHomeItem.Path. When the script is done, the skin strings would be updated. But my skinning skills were never great in the first place, so if that's a bad idea please say!
(2014-05-09, 20:12)SavellM Wrote: Question...
What does it have the same background for everything?

Was it just to save space and be quicker?

Do you have any good backgrounds we can use for the other things like TV, Music and what not?

I got my backgrounds from here. Save them to your drive and assign them in the customization options.
(2014-05-09, 23:26)WeirdH Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 20:12)SavellM Wrote: Question...
What does it have the same background for everything?

Was it just to save space and be quicker?

Do you have any good backgrounds we can use for the other things like TV, Music and what not?

I got my backgrounds from here. Save them to your drive and assign them in the customization options.

I use some from the old extrapacks for Aeon MQ3
(2014-05-09, 23:16)Unfledged Wrote: I was thinking of setting the skin strings directly, as I believe that would save a bit of work on the skins side - so if you wanted the label and path of the movies set, you'd pass in MovieHomeItem.Label and MovieHomeItem.Path. When the script is done, the skin strings would be updated. But my skinning skills were never great in the first place, so if that's a bad idea please say!

Yeah that would work too and is probably a better idea. I'm stuck in thinking in hacks to use in the skinning engine Wink
Righteo, that should do it. With the latest git skin shortcuts installed, replace the <onfocus> and <onclick>'s of button 90013 in custom_1121_HomeMenuCustomizer.xml with

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=shortcuts&amp;custom=True&amp;skinLabel=$INFO[Container(90000).ListItem.Property(Item),,HomeItem.Label]&amp;skinAction=$INFO[Container(90000).ListItem.Property(Item),,HomeItem.Path])</onclick>

"custom" sets whether the user can enter their own command (will only set action and type)
"skinLabel" is the Skin.String that will be set to the label
"skinAction" is the Skin.String for the action
Also available are "skinType" for the type of shortcut (e.g. Video Playlist, Favourite and so on) and "skinThumbnail" for the thumbnail.

All of these are optional.
wow that works great Smile
(2014-05-10, 00:22)BigNoid Wrote: wow that works great Smile

Smile

I'll do my best to do a pull request to the repo this weekend.
(2014-05-09, 05:46)etvdevice Wrote: please do something about the fonts ! i have to change the fonts manually evertime from addon/skin.aeon.nox5/fonts
and every time there is update all fonts will be changed to original...

Is it possible include fonts (Arial) in Fonts menu (now is only default & dimmed not changeable)
because other language non -english character does not show up

Thanks

(2014-05-09, 09:21)BigNoid Wrote: @etvdevice: patches welcome

Hi,

First, thank you BigNoid for all your great work on this skin, for me it's almost perfect, i really like the new orientation, extremely classy and modern.

Here is a mixed font with regular characters from RobotoCondensed and DejaVu unicode font which is under a Free license unlike Arial.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i818j2...densed.zip

I hope you can add it in font list for this skin.
Hi,

As active this?, I pause when I put nothing comes in movies or tv shows

Thanks.
(2014-03-19, 23:57)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 20:45)h3llsp4wn Wrote: Hi BigNoid,

just a short question - any plans for a white theme? Besides - excellent work so far! Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

h3ll
I wont make a white theme...
Aw, white theme is the only thing missing, I even thought about switching to Aeon MQ because of this Tongue Are you interested maintaining a white theme if a PR was made on GitHub? As said, nice work and thanks!
(2014-05-09, 22:20)BigNoid Wrote: @GrimGriefer: You can use a custom action for those types of thing. See the list of built in functions.

I'm probably missing something here but when I go to say Custom1 and click Default Select Action and then Custom I am prompted to just enter in a new Label and not select an action from the pre-defined list.

I like how when configurng Manage Submenu's I can select from multiple pre-defined lists. Would this not be possible to implement for the main buttons on the menu too?
(2014-05-09, 20:52)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 10:17)soder Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 16:58)BigNoid Wrote: The airplay problem I cant fix, but you can turn off the automatic lyrics in the lyrics addon (disable run as a service).
The fanart was a bug and has been fixed on git (and on repo when the bugfixes release gets through)

I think that it was the lyric plugin starting automatic that caused the crash. When turned off as a service, it works when I bring it up manually.

Also the fullscreen fanart with artist slideshow now works after the pushed repo updated. Great.

But I still got no fanart on the home menu during playing music. Is that not possible any longer?

Also, does someone know how I get XBMC to not go into the music fullscreen mode after a while? I rather prefer doing that manually, and keep the home screen, with some fanarts in the background, and the waveform as visualizer

Also, how do I turn of the CD animation in the fullscreen mode when info is present, and also on the homescreen (up left).

EDIT: Also, will there be more options for the widgets for movies and episodes? Like, more then one to the right, but about 5 in a line, like in Aeon 4.x? Or more option in the episode widget that is available now, to use episode thumbs instead of the season poster?

/Söder
I dropped all the music playing extras on the home menu. Its codewise a lot better to just put it in the music viz. You can disable that mode in the screensaver settings btw.
The CD animation cant be turned through settings, you'd have to mod that.
If I can find a good choice for another widget style I will include it, but I havent found a right one yet.

OK. Please think about maybe at least adding the fanart as background on home screen while music is playing. =) And an option for the CD turning (hey 2014, who knows what a CD is. =) ) The rest I can live with.

How do I change the fullscreen starting automatic? I have "black" as screen saver, and visualization for music (as screensaver also) is the wavedrop.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
(2014-05-10, 11:27)GrimGriefer Wrote: I like how when configurng Manage Submenu's I can select from multiple pre-defined lists. Would this not be possible to implement for the main buttons on the menu too?

That's what BigNoid and I were discussing in this thread after your post last night Smile install the latest git versions of both skin shortcuts and Nox 5, and you'll have the same predefined lists for main menu items as you have on the submenus.
Can I somehow replace the "choose art" button on the Info Panel of a move with something else? I use CinemaExperience and rather would have "Cinema" at the place of "choose art". Now I have to press the "+" to see "Cinema".

Thanks.
Christian
(2014-05-10, 12:07)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 11:27)GrimGriefer Wrote: I like how when configurng Manage Submenu's I can select from multiple pre-defined lists. Would this not be possible to implement for the main buttons on the menu too?

That's what BigNoid and I were discussing in this thread after your post last night Smile install the latest git versions of both skin shortcuts and Nox 5, and you'll have the same predefined lists for main menu items as you have on the submenus.

Thats good to know, great stuff from you both. I'm afraid I am on OpenELEC so no real clue on how to bring down the latest fixes from Git so happy to wait for the latest and greatest from BigNoid when the time comes.

Some other feedback I would like to offer is that I have noticed missing the ability to enable slim lists from the view options. I liked this in Nox 4 so I could see more on the screen at once.

Also, is it possible to copy the skin's menu settings easily between devices to save time on having to duplicate how we like things?
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537