• 229(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2016-07-30, 06:15)AL8782 Wrote: I've been going a lot of skin mods with out any addons installed. This is new to me and it's been fun going through the skin and seeing how it works and how to change things.

But what's been happening here and there is that if I leave the box alone for some time I get a black screen like it completely shut down. If I hit a button it wakes it up.

Does anyone have any experience with this or seen it happen. I've read a few threads that members have said they have had his happen with aeon Nox before. But those threads were 2 or more years old.

If a log will help I can post one when I get home

Thanks
In my experience... The dimmer kicks in after a certain amount of time if you have certain dialogs open like VideoInfo or the trakt rating popup. Mine shows black after my screensaver is supposed to start but not sure if it does so even without one enabled.
I'd like to add a simple Cast overview to DialogVideoInfo.xml, that let's me query what movies/episodes I have in my library for that actor. Basic kodi stuff, it's there in Confluence, but not in (my) Aeon Nox, only with extended info, which a) does not work on my main Linux machine and b) is too many clicks for me.

Error is this by the way:

Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'dict' object has no attribute 'get_properties'

I've edited it for director like this:

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Director]</label>
    <label2>$LOCALIZE[20339]:</label2>
    <onclick>SendClick(2003,13)</onclick>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Director)</visible>
</item>

and I have a non-selectable list for cast like this:

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Cast]</label>
    <label2>Cast</label2>
    <onclick>SetProperty(TextViewerHeader,Cast,Home)</onclick>
    <onclick>SetProperty(TextViewerContent,$ESCINFO[ListItem.Cast],Home)</onclick>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(1132)</onclick>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Cast)</visible>
</item>

How can I make this list selectable and query an actor/actress in my library?
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2016-07-31, 12:23)Raytestrak Wrote: I'd like to add a simple Cast overview to DialogVideoInfo.xml, that let's me query what movies/episodes I have in my library for that actor. Basic kodi stuff, it's there in Confluence, but not in (my) Aeon Nox, only with extended info, which a) does not work on my main Linux machine and b) is too many clicks for me.

Error is this by the way:

Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'dict' object has no attribute 'get_properties'

I've edited it for director like this:

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Director]</label>
    <label2>$LOCALIZE[20339]:</label2>
    <onclick>SendClick(2003,13)</onclick>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Director)</visible>
</item>

and I have a non-selectable list for cast like this:

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Cast]</label>
    <label2>Cast</label2>
    <onclick>SetProperty(TextViewerHeader,Cast,Home)</onclick>
    <onclick>SetProperty(TextViewerContent,$ESCINFO[ListItem.Cast],Home)</onclick>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(1132)</onclick>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Cast)</visible>
</item>

How can I make this list selectable and query an actor/actress in my library?

I've since removed that functionality and in v17 if you click on the cast it just does the default functionality of searching local items.
For extended info for the actors one can always go to the extended info page of the movie.
(2016-07-31, 20:43)BigNoid Wrote: I've since removed that functionality and in v17 if you click on the cast it just does the default functionality of searching local items.
For extended info for the actors one can always go to the extended info page of the movie.

I can't switch to v17 just yet due to Kodi running on three different OS's, but I've looked into DialogVideoInfo.xml on GitHub, but I can't see any reference to the cast in there? My wife says I should just leave it be, but I think it's too nice functionality to have Big Grin.

(2016-07-31, 21:06)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 20:43)BigNoid Wrote: I've since removed that functionality and in v17 if you click on the cast it just does the default functionality of searching local items.

I can't switch to v17 just yet due to Kodi running on three different OS's, but I've looked into DialogVideoInfo.xml on GitHub, but I can't see any reference to the cast in there? My wife says I should just leave it be, but I think it's too nice functionality to have Big Grin.

I think you can copy the dialog from master to v16 + the relevant variables and includes.
(2016-07-31, 22:03)BigNoid Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 21:06)Raytestrak Wrote:

I think you can copy the dialog from master to v16 + the relevant variables and includes.

Strange thing happening, when I press down on plot, it says cast(xx) where xx is the number of actors it should show, but when I press OK it only retrieves info from the first one?

Hi.

On my Odroid C1+ with Aeon Nox 5 skin all of sudden fullscreen bacground, when listening to stream music, is allways black. Even if i set to show background or blured info or Artist Slideshow or CD Wall there is still only black background. I don't wanna lose my settings of this skin becose then it'll take me one day to configure all (deleting guisettings.xml). Is there any other way to fix this?
Before it was working fine. Dunno if it's addon issue or what? Please help.
(2016-08-01, 09:26)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 22:03)BigNoid Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 21:06)Raytestrak Wrote: I can't switch to v17 just yet due to Kodi running on three different OS's, but I've looked into DialogVideoInfo.xml on GitHub, but I can't see any reference to the cast in there? My wife says I should just leave it be, but I think it's too nice functionality to have Big Grin.

Strange thing happening, when I press down on plot, it says cast(xx) where xx is the number of actors it should show, but when I press OK it only retrieves info from the first one?
Not sure what's going on, maybe forgot to copy an include or pasted it below an existing one?

(2016-08-01, 20:39)Novak Wrote: Hi.

On my Odroid C1+ with Aeon Nox 5 skin all of sudden fullscreen bacground, when listening to stream music, is allways black. Even if i set to show background or blured info or Artist Slideshow or CD Wall there is still only black background. I don't wanna lose my settings of this skin becose then it'll take me one day to configure all (deleting guisettings.xml). Is there any other way to fix this?
Before it was working fine. Dunno if it's addon issue or what? Please help.

Blurred album thumb and artist slideshow can be black if there's something wrong with these add ons. The other options should work.
(2016-08-01, 21:53)BigNoid Wrote: Blurred album thumb and artist slideshow can be black if there's something wrong with these add ons. The other options should work.

Not even "Show Backgroud" (picture) is working.
(2016-08-01, 21:58)Novak Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 21:53)BigNoid Wrote: Blurred album thumb and artist slideshow can be black if there's something wrong with these add ons. The other options should work.

Not even "Show Backgroud" (picture) is working.

I think you have a non-existing visualization set. Maybe the one you had is now gone from install. Try to set the visualization to none or any other visualization. That should fix it.
@BigNoid I have been doing some PVR updates. Not sure if you're interested. Still tweaking a couple of things but I can do a PR or if you prefer to take a look and do a copy/paste? Only adjustments I can think of ATM are to replace all my ThemeLabelColor VARs for labelheader and selected and add some labels from Includes_LiveTV.xml to the strings file.

I also have a couple of strange occurrences:

1) Pressing pause on my remote doesn't reset the system idle time so if I pause anytime after 10 seconds 1134 pops up immediately but if I press any other remote key before I pause then it works as intended. Do you have any ideas for that, kinda scratching my head about this one, don't know if my remote is just being weird or something Huh

2) Also curious if you had any idea why after doing a library item search Kodi will not init the custom select dialog? Some kind of window stacking issue maybe...?

Thanks Smile
@mikeSilvo: not sure about PVR. I'll trust you if you think it are improvements Smile

I cannot reproduce 1) for me it always is 10 sec after pause. Will try some more on my other systems.

For 2) I can't reproduce either. Can you give me some steps to reproduce? Bear in mind that I abonded the actor search dialog as it was to much code imo to make for 80 actors (GoT for instance). People can always go to extended info and do actor searchesmthere for the movie imo.
I don't know if I want that kind of responsibility... Tongue
I can post some screenshots of some of the changes. Most of it is code cleanup, alignment fixes, some user requests, and a fancy schmancy blinking red dot for currently recording channels. One thing added should def not be in your skin though.

My remote is a Harmony but it's keymap uses the MCE pause command so that may be the reason, I am just guessing here though. Not skin specific it does the same for me on OG Nox 5. I will test if mapping to spacebar resets idle time.

This, however, is skin specific cause it is the custom actor search you abandoned. A user mentioned that once you open a different movie from search and navigate to another actor to search again the custom select window no longer works. In the Kodi log there is mention of the ActivateWindow command but no window init follows. Really specific use case here and I know you got rid of it so this is an issue in my skin but I was curious if you had any idea why or if it is just the way that it is going to be.

Just curious, you removed actor search cause of large cast, was it performance related? I never noticed any issues when opening Game of Thrones or full imdb scraped movies but I have a fast PC.

I am likely mistaken, but my thinking was that if the default 50 panel was hidden and contained no content then the custom panel only loaded however many items that are defined in content Huh Does that make any sense or is it about the total # regardless of what will be displayed?
Will test with your skin if I can find something. If it was a modal dialog blocking it would say so in the log.
I removed it because the amount of controls and items do matter on platforms like the pi and the functionality is not lost, it is just obtained through some more clicks; -->extras-->extended info-->click on cast member.
My goal for v5 was always to keep it lean and clean so it can be used on the pi2 minimum (cause I use that myself) so everything is geared to that.
I am glad though that Silvo mod is there cause it can implement all that kind of stuff without worry for performance Smile
I'm glad you're glad otherwise i'd be sad. I think there should always be a Nox with some crazy stuff in there but if I had started with a recent Krypton version with the mediaflags and floor label in logo view... Hard to foresee this mod being around when that was the reason I started, I'd like to think I would have wanted to tinker regardless but who knows Wink

I think I found a (decent?) balance between performance and all that extra stuff. I really should get a pi to test though, I was thinking about adding a button to toggle low powered mode but if that was needed they should just switch back to OG Nox 5 instead Big Grin.

I'd hope that the home screen on Krypton was speedy though since I separated everything into conditional includes but having all those widget options and if someone has a ridiculous amount of menu items with 2 widgets each then that would probably not do so well on the low powered devices.

The system idle issue is related to default keymap from MCE remotes. I changed the registry entry to be space and there it works as it should. Will have to try and remember that if anybody posts about it in the future.

I double checked the log for the custom select dialog after searching and all it says is:
Quote:DEBUG: Activating window ID: 11129
DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x38, sym: 0x0134, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x100
The first time it says:
Quote:DEBUG: Activating window ID: 11129
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (custom_1129_Select.xml) ------
INFO: Loading skin file: custom_1129_Select.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x38, sym: 0x0134, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x100
No mention of modal dialog.

Thanks Smile
  • 229(current)