• 6(current)
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'
(2014-01-24, 20:48)pettergulbra Wrote: This is something sound promising. And as I can see, it is fast/strong enough to run/decode every codec and movie types (1080p).

Will you ship this outside UK?

Hi
Yes we will ship worldwide

(2014-01-25, 15:34)jo138 Wrote: Does the board support CEC ?

Hi
Not at the moment, Should we add it?
many peeps love CEC.. (i personally dont use it though Smile )...
(2014-01-25, 17:59)hamk Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 15:34)jo138 Wrote: Does the board support CEC ?

Hi
Not at the moment, Should we add it?

That would be an advantage for me. I have 3 frontends, 1 is a raspberry pi ( and has CEC ) but the raspberry is a little bit to slow.
Raspberry Pi a little slow.. Yes like press the button come back a week later..
(2014-01-26, 13:25)Cocom Wrote: Raspberry Pi a little slow.. Yes like press the button come back a week later..

I think you have your pi setup wrong, mine isn't much slower than my celeron 847 build.
What about 24p bug ?
24p bug = not perfect 23.976Hz, I haven't found any exact info that bay trail has it or not, most people suppose that it has because of the ivy bridge igp base Sad

$150 in USA or in EU?

CEC would be good, there isn't x86 with this, yet
(2014-01-26, 18:07)pszab Wrote: 24p bug = not perfect 23.976Hz

$150 in USA or in EU?

CEC would be good, there isn't x86 with this, yet

Hi
Thank you for 24p Info.

$150 in EU

We will include CEC
Fantastic! I'd buy one.. or more Big Grin
HDD possibility would be good...
Btw CEC would be a great advantage over the competition...
Its one of the reasons that made rpi so sucessful..
What CEC chipset will you use? You'll need to make sure it is compatible with libcec, or else contribute your own code to libcec. I suggest using a known working chipset is easier.

See here for an example (of course you ain't gonna want to pay their retail price - may pay to ask them what a wholesale rate is though!)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I read earlier in the thread that it wont come with a remote, I think that is a mistake unless I'm miss reading the target market for this box. If this is supposed to be an STB that market expects everything to work out of the box so that would mean including a remote. Unless your positioning it as a more powerful alternative to the R-Pi.

The quality of third party remotes is mixed and having to fiddle about to get a good configuration can be frustrating.

I'm a big fan of the Roku 3 remote, I think it would be the perfect XBMC remote, simple design, core basic buttons play/pause/back/osd/home and a d-pad if it were possible to replicate a similar design.

If it came to choice I'd leave out CEC and put a good remote in with it, just my two cents. HDMI-CEC can be troublesome and doesn't always work so well.
(2014-01-27, 10:40)nickr Wrote: What CEC chipset will you use? You'll need to make sure it is compatible with libcec, or else contribute your own code to libcec. I suggest using a known working chipset is easier.

See here for an example (of course you ain't gonna want to pay their retail price - may pay to ask them what a wholesale rate is though!)

Hi
Thank you for your comments. Please resend your examples as link missing.
(2014-01-27, 11:08)Starstream Wrote: If it came to choice I'd leave out CEC and put a good remote in with it, just my two cents. HDMI-CEC can be troublesome and doesn't always work so well.

i agree. for me CEC is useless, but i would buy a remote

more over the remote must be able to poweroff and power on the device

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2014-01-25, 13:19)hamk Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 18:12)buzzqw Wrote: any eta for final products ?

BHH
Hi

ETA March 2014
Are you only planning on selling this as a barebone computer without RAM-memory and NAND or mSATA SSD storage?

Or do you plan to (also) sell this as a complete HTPC / media player including RAM-memory and NAND or mSATA SSD storage?

Would it be possible for you to sell it preinstalled with OpenELEC and include a simple IR remote control?

I think that if you would still keep the price down then models with 1/2GB RAM and 8/16/32GB NAND or SSD could be big hits!

I agree that Ruku remotes are nice, and so Apple TV Remote, and also the Pivos Xios DS remote are all nice and simple
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'1