• 7(current)
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'
(2014-01-27, 19:32)RockerC Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 13:19)hamk Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 18:12)buzzqw Wrote: any eta for final products ?

BHH
Hi

ETA March 2014

I agree that Ruku remotes are nice, and so Apple TV Remote, and also the Pivos Xios DS remote are all nice and simple

Pivos is a not so good remote...

Making it available or with ram and storage option with openelec installed is really a good idea..

Regarding adding a remote on the package , it would be a good idea but only as an option..

Btw xbox black remote is a great cheap remote, that can control htpc, and tv volume and input with no lag in its input..

Adding cec support, removes the need of a separate remote..

In the end, its all about cost because this unit has to be cheaper than an intel nuc with the 2820 ...
(2014-01-27, 16:59)hamk Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 10:40)nickr Wrote: What CEC chipset will you use? You'll need to make sure it is compatible with libcec, or else contribute your own code to libcec. I suggest using a known working chipset is easier.

See here for an example (of course you ain't gonna want to pay their retail price - may pay to ask them what a wholesale rate is though!)

Hi
Thank you for your comments. Please resend your examples as link missing.
Sorry here http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...apter.aspx
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
will it be possible to bitstream hd-audio?
I think a remote is all based off of what the price will be. A remote isn't necessary for everyone. I'd rather have a remote be sold separately. Not everyone wants one included as it adds a cost. If you want a remote, great, pay for one but I don't think it should be forced on everyone. Just make it an option.

Some of us already have remotes, or prefer keyboards, etc. My remote will be my Nexus 7.
I think it would be good for the vendor to offer an optional remote that is known to work, and with a documented keymap etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Agreed, an optional 'approved working' remote for some additional cost would be much better than bundling one with EVERY box, since I for one don't want extra remotes..
And also better than having NO known working remote.
i agree. It's always better to choose optionals then to be imposed.

Remote, CEC, RAM, CPU, DISK.. must be optional (and not too pricey)

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2014-01-27, 20:12)solamnic Wrote: Adding cec support, removes the need of a separate remote.
Not all TVs with HDMI support CEC, so CEC support does not remove the need of a separate remote for all.

CEC support is nice to have, as is remote app on smart phone, but a real dedicated physical remote control is a must for me.

So please at least a real dedicated physical remote control as an option. Simple ir remote is fine.
(2014-01-28, 19:06)Hedda Wrote: So please at least a real dedicated physical remote control as an option. Simple ir remote is fine.

but this remote should be able to poweroff / on the device !

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2014-01-28, 19:06)Hedda Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 20:12)solamnic Wrote: Adding cec support, removes the need of a separate remote.
Not all TVs with HDMI support CEC, so CEC support does not remove the need of a separate remote for all.

CEC support is nice to have, as is remote app on smart phone, but a real dedicated physical remote control is a must for me.

So please at least a real dedicated physical remote control as an option. Simple ir remote is fine.

Is there any TV w/o CEC? I haven't heard it yet. Which one(s)?
(2014-01-29, 09:32)pszab Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 19:06)Hedda Wrote:

Is there any TV w/o CEC? I haven't heard it yet. Which one(s)?

My 4 year old Toshiba in my bedroom hasn't got it. Nor has my 5 year old Samsung. My 3 year old Samsung has it. But I don't use it.

CEC isn't really a major make or break part IMO. It's like DLNA. They all "have" it. But the specifications vary.

If you're not using universal/programmable remotes. Then you're doing it wrong! Harmony 300's are spot on and can be had for £20! Simple to program/use too!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Ok, there are old tvs at homes which hasn't it, but I think (hope) there isn't any new tv without cec for 3-4 years. (btw, I also have a 5 year Samsung and it has it :o)
(2014-01-29, 10:32)pszab Wrote: Ok, there are old tvs at homes which hasn't it, but I think (hope) there isn't any new tv without cec for 3-4 years. (btw, I also have a 5 year Samsung and it has it :o)

Yay! Rolleyes
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Can somebody tell if the NUC with the celeron n2820 can play 3d (frame packing )adequatelyHuh
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'1