Frodo Multiple Disc Movies
I recently made a few changes to the way I do things, so I'm not sure if it is one thing or a compilation of them all that has caused my issue. I am sorry if this has been discussed in another forum, but I have been reading for the last two days and can not find a resolution to this. My buddy is having the same issue with the exact same setup.

I have just upgraded from Eden to Frodo 12.3, changed my skin from Transparency! to Aeon Nox, and started to keep my scraping local by using .nfo files in all of my movie folders.

I have switched skins to Confluency and still can not play multiple discs. I have also removed the .nfo file and had XBMC scrape from themoviedb for that one title with no change either. I also did a new install of 11.0 on another pc to test this out, and when I select the movie it says that, "this file is stacked, select the part you want to play from." When I select the first disc, it plays and then starts part2 once it is done. Is this a problem with Frodo, or am I doing something wrong.

I have all of my multi disc movies in their movie folders labeled in accordance with the wiki. I have removed and scanned in every way I can image with the same result every time.

For example, Dances with Wolves. I have the movie in the "Movies" folder with all of my other movies. The M: drive is mapped to my NAS.

Movie Directory: M:\Movies\Dances with Wolves (1990)
Actual Movie (Pt1): M:\Movies\Dances with Wolves (1990)\Dances with Wolves (1990)Part1.iso
Actual Movie (Pt2): M:\Movies\Dances with Wolves (1990)\Dances with Wolves (1990)Part2.iso

After scanning the directory, and I look at the movie information, it shows that it is stacked. After watching part1, it does not start part2 and it just goes back to my entire movie listing.

stack://M:\Dances with Wolves (1990)\Dances with Wolves (1990)Part1.iso,M:\...\Dances with Wolves (1990)Part2.iso
No suggestions? If there are none, then I'm assuming my only option for now would be to list them as separate movies as Part 1 and Part 2 each in their own folder, or roll the software back to XBMC 11.0. Thanks.
Does anyone else have this feature working in Frodo? At least that way I will know if it works or not. If it isn't working for others then I may abandon the idea of trying to get it working, but if it is working for others then I will pursue the issue and try to get it working. I haven't seen any comments one way or the other, so I'm not exactly sure which direction I should move. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Have you tried putting a . between filename and part? Eg 1990).part

Also have you read through the wiki article?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_stacking
Yes, thank you, I have read the Wiki. I thought I had a link to it in my first post.

I have not tried your suggestion of placing a period between the file name and part. I will try that as soon as I can. Thank you for the suggestion. I just named it according to the Wiki, but I did not try any other options besides part#.
I was able to try adding the . between the movie title and part1/part2 on a PC that is running 12.2 just a few minutes ago. There was no change to the outcome. It plays part1, but stops at the end and returns to the library instead of playing part 2.

I'm going to mess with it a bit more and see if I can get it to work by using something other than part1, part2, etc. Maybe one of the other options in the Wiki and see what happens. I'm not ready to roll back to 11 just so I can watch the 10 or so movies that have more than one disc, but at this point it is just something I want to get figured out. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I have tried every variation of the naming convention listed in the Wiki with no luck. The only thing that I've been able do it have the movie labeled with a single digit or letter as described in the Wiki which causes there to be two instances of the movie. One of them is part1 while the other is part2, both with the same name. Unless something else becomes available, it appears as though that is my only option right now other other rolling back to XMBC 11. I haven't heard if this is working for anyone else, so I don't know if I am an isolated case, or if no one has it working with 12.3.

These are all of the naming conventions that I tried with my multi disc movie.

The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names
# can be 1 through 9 or A through D. No spaces between the "part" and number.

​part#​
​cd#​
​dvd#​
​pt#​
​disk#​
​disc#
I'm pretty sure it was working in frodo for me, and I can check with Gotham. I'll also post my naming convention.

In the mean time it may help to take a look at and post your debug log (wiki)
Naming convention is meaningless - it won't change things - the way you had it originally is just fine as it's already stacking according to your stack:// URL.

Before we speculate, grab a Debug Log of you playing one of those files (you can skip through to close to the end if you like) and going through the transition to where the second file would play.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had this left as the last naming convention that I tested, DVD1 and DVD2. I had this on my laptop for testing reasons, but I received the same indication on other computers. If I need to do something different, please let me know what I need to do.

Here is the log that we generated when I tried to play the dual disc movie, http://pastebin.com/R5vJ4AyP

I'm not expert when it comes to this, but it appears as thought the error message that is prohibiting the second file from playing is this statement.

21:54:44 T:5324 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://C:\Videos\Movies\Movies\Dances with Wolves (1990)\Dances with Wolves (1990) DVD1.iso , C:\Videos\Movies\Movies\Dances with Wolves (1990)\Dances with Wolves (1990) DVD2.iso
I have been reading other threads and looking for a resolution to this, but I can't seem to find anything. Some others are offering the opinion that the newer version of XBMC has an issue with playing stacked .ISO files. I'm not sure if that is the case or not, but I can't find anything else.

I found a similar thread with no real resolution, but I'll continue to look. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1610876

Does anyone have any idea what the error WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(stack) in stack my indicate? It seems as though that is the problem that prohibits the second disk from starting.
Well, by the lack of responses to this I'm assuming that there is no fix for available? I guess I should just stop looking then, or wait for the Gotham release and see if the problem is resolved then. Thanks.
Have you tried extracting the ISO file into the disc structure? So, something like:
\Movie Name\Movie Name Part1\VIDEO_TS
\Movie Name\Movie Name Part2\VIDEO_TS

Maybe it's just the ISO extracting that it's getting a hard time with. Might be worth a try, at least, even if a dirty setup..
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2014-02-01, 05:49)Jogee Wrote: Have you tried extracting the ISO file into the disc structure? So, something like:
\Movie Name\Movie Name Part1\VIDEO_TS
\Movie Name\Movie Name Part2\VIDEO_TS

Yes I have. If I do that, it just gives me two instances of the same movie. The only thing that I have found that works is to convert the .iso files to the .mkv format. I haven't gone through and done that for all of my two part movies yet in anticipation of an alternate resolution. I figure it has to be something with XBMC since it used to work, but now it doesn't. That and the idea that it will work with .mkv files but not the .iso files like it did in the past. I wasn't sure if it was a setting on my side, or just something that changed from Eden to Frodo.
You could always try one of the Gotham nightlies and run it in portable mode. Maybe it's already fixed?
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Multiple Disc Movies0