pvr:cmyth channel numbers duplicated not right
I have the cmyth pvr plugin installed and I can watch live TV. The problem is that in mythtv I have a channel like 3, 3.1, 3.2. The channels in XBMC for these all show as 3. So there are 3 channel 3s and I can't change from one to the other it only goes to one of them. The channels are set up correctly in mythtv. I am using the setting to use the backend channels. In mythtv they show like this:

channum, callsign, name, freqid
3 , 3WCAX, 3 WCAX, 3
3.1, WCAXHD, 3.1 WCAX-HD, 22
3.2, WCAXtra , 3.2 WCAXtra, 22

In XBMC, they show up like this:

3 3 WCAX
3 3.1 WCAX-HD
3 3.2 WCAXtra

If I click on one of them, live tv will change to one of the 3 channels(I think it is the 3.1 WCAX-HD). But, if I click on any of the 3 to change channels, it always tunes to the same one(i.e. 3.1)

I have the same thing for a few sets of channels like 5, 5.1, 5.2 which all show as 5.

Switching between any of the other channels that have a unique channel number works fine.

What is XBMC even using for the channel number? Is it just truncating everything?

Switching between the channels in mythtv works fine.
I have a log but it I don't see a way to attach a file in the forum.

Should I submit a bug report?
As mentioned in this post in the MythTV sub-forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184277

Have you tried enabling 'use back-end channel numbers' from 'settings / live TV / general' ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184371

The whole thing is unsupported at the moment. AFAICT the whole PVR part of XBMC is built around the assumption that a channel number is an integer, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a fix for this.

If you want to show logs you should upload them to xbmclogs.com and add a link here.
I guess I posted my reply to pcutler in the wrong thread.

I already have that set. It looks to me like the problem is that XBMC is storing the channel number in the database as an integer instead of a float or something like that which is truncating channels like 3.1 and 3.2 to 3.

Actually, things work a little better if 'use back-end channel numbers' is not set. Then XBMC can renumber the channels using sequential integers. The XBMC numbering will have nothing to do with the real channel numbers though. XBMC should really store channel numbers as a float if it uses the back-end channel numbers. Otherwise, the US broadcast subchannel numbers don't work at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr:cmyth channel numbers duplicated not right0