Functionality Coding
Hi i'm new to skin building and have begun editing the confluence skin so as to allow certain functionality. I just wanted to ask if anybody can advise as to whether the following is possible and if so how i might go about coding in the functionality

Is it possible to click on a menu button and have a playlist displayed in a popup window??
Is it possible to play a video/image/audio file in a popup window like a lightbox so that users can see the file and then if they so wish, click into it so it becomes fullscreen?
How can i completely disable the visualisations? and remove the related code?
Is it possible to click a button and have a specific playlist played on shuffle?
Is it possible to open html files stored locally from a button / if so can xbmc render video and audio content on such sites?

Thanks a million!
I can answer the first one.

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/playlists/video/HD_Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>

Not exactly a pop-up though.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
1. Popup is possible in Gotham with the new possibility to fill lists with directory content.
2. Yes
3. Search for controls with type visualisation and remove them
4. You would need to toggle shuffle after playing the playlist
5. It may be possible to just play the streams but if you want to render the whole html you will need a browser
Thanks a million guys!

Just a couple related questions;First, one if i just create a playlist of audio or video or image file or whatever and then change the "HD_Movies" to something to query each media format it will display existing playlists for each format? Like if i have a playlist of HD movies and and use the above "<onclick>........." it should display the playlist in the window?

For the second what would i need to do to say play a movie file in a window?

For the the fourth one is it possible to say trigger playback and shuffle at the same time from a single button? I'd like to set it up so that i have a menu button which when pressed start random playback of a audio file playlist. Is this possible?

Again thank you so much!
well, please allow me to introduce you to our skinning wiki ;-)
(2014-01-25, 01:33)kabkabaal Wrote: For the second what would i need to do to say play a movie file in a window?
see:List_of_built-in_functions

Quote:PlayMedia(media[,isdir][,1],[playoffset=xx])
Plays the media. This can be a playlist, music, or video file, directory, plugin or an Url. The optional parameter ",isdir" can be used for playing a directory. ",1" will start a video in a preview window, instead of fullscreen. If media is a playlist, you can use playoffset=xx where xx is the position to start playback from.

(2014-01-25, 01:33)kabkabaal Wrote: For the the fourth one is it possible to say trigger playback and shuffle at the same time from a single button? I'd like to set it up so that i have a menu button which when pressed start random playback of a audio file playlist. Is this possible?

see: Button_control

Quote:onclick
Specifies the action to perform when the button is pressed. Should be a built in function. See here for more information. You may have more than one <onclick> tag, and they'll be executed in sequence.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey thank you so much, this helped loads!

I have another question: is it possible to remove the button/entries on a playlist/directory listing which gives access to the parent folder. I want to limit the ability of a user to navigate to the parent folder of a playlist or directory so that only the files in a playlist or directory are visible. Is this possible? Thanks a million!
Settings -> appearance -> file lists -> show parent folder items
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Amazing, thank you!
Is there any way to change what is displayed when party mode is activated? At the moment when i click a button linked to party mode a dialog with the word party mode is displayed. Is it possible to change this to some other string of characters? Thanks a million!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Functionality Coding0