Show us your t... remotes
I just wanted an excuse to post this absurd collection of remotes that I have that are mostly XBMC related (2 or 3 have not actually been used for XBMC):

Nice collections Ned. I've been building up my collection too. You don't have the Mele F10 which is s really good remote.
It's a shame no one is making a remote specifically for xbmc. I had the nyxboard which was the best for features but not for build quality. My vice is for remotes with keyboards.
Now let's play a game, who can recognize the most amount of devices they belong too Smile
I see:

Ouya, atv1, tlbb,Xbox
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
Lol oh wow even an oldschool xbox controller there.

Errrr I've used 1 wireless keyboard (that I've spilled drinks on numerous times not sure how it still works), and my phone as a remote.
My Primary remote will be a nexus 7 though.
Have one more remote but the roommate is using it right now.

How do you get an xbox 360 controller to work? I have a couple of those hooked up to my htpc for gaming but it wasn't working when I used it in XBMC. I had just assumed it'd work but it didn't lol.
(2014-02-01, 00:58)tential Wrote: How do you get an xbox 360 controller to work? I have a couple of those hooked up to my htpc for gaming but it wasn't working when I used it in XBMC. I had just assumed it'd work but it didn't lol.

Its suppose to work out of the box since version 12. maybe one of the 12 point somethings.
(2014-01-31, 23:44)Ilia Wrote: Now let's play a game, who can recognize the most amount of devices they belong too Smile
I see:

Ouya, atv1, tlbb,Xbox
You missed Pivos. Tivo.
(2014-01-31, 18:24)Ned Scott Wrote: I just wanted an excuse to post this absurd collection of remotes that I have that are mostly XBMC related (2 or 3 have not actually been used for XBMC):

This may not be the best place to ask but what did you think of that df30 remote (first one 2nd row under the k400)?

I've been looking at using it with my NUC but with most of these remotes it's hard to get reviews

Any thoughts?
(2014-02-01, 01:03)calev Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 00:58)tential Wrote: How do you get an xbox 360 controller to work? I have a couple of those hooked up to my htpc for gaming but it wasn't working when I used it in XBMC. I had just assumed it'd work but it didn't lol.

Its suppose to work out of the box since version 12. maybe one of the 12 point somethings.

That's what I thought too, yet it wouldn't work for me. That sucks, I REALLY like the xbox 360 controller for a remote. I hope the Xbox One controllers start working wtih PC too.
Whether a hardcore audiophile or casual TV watcher, somehow, we still end up with way more remotes and portable handheld devices than we can handle. Inevitably, that many devices can only result in many valuable hours wasted searching for the lost and misplaced... but not if the Remote Wrangler has anything to do with it.

The Multimedia Remote Control Wrangler (aka Remote Wrangler) has taken a novel approach to remote control storage that will be sure to take the world by storm, head first. It will certainly win the hearts (and heads) of those frustrated consumers who have had enough and are ready to regain control over their lives and remote controls. No more digging under seat cushions through Cheetos and Fig Newton crumbs searching for the remote you had just 5 minutes ago. All your controls are now only a head scratch away.

If you can get past the slightly unusual concept of storing devices on your noggin, you may grow to appreciate the ease of using the Remote Wrangler. Keeping comfort and accessibility as the main focus, remote controls (and practically any small handheld device) can easily be attached (and detached) with a Velcro-like material. Made from a stretchable fabric, the headpiece comfortably conforms to the face and feels like a second skin, minus the acne. As an added benefit, a surprisingly quiet and effective battery powered and remote controlled temporal massager is built into the headpiece.

Currently, only 2 styles are available for this unorthodox headgear but others are sure to follow. For the sports enthusiast, there is the red white and blue "Retro Sportsman" model, which has proven to be very popular in the Asian market. The demure "Antique Olive " caters to the conservative crowd who may prefer a more discreet and formal appearance.

It must be mentioned that the Remote Wrangler isn't limited to only remote control devices. Ipods, cell phones, garage remotes, and even video game controllers can be easily stored. The company states: "What you decide to put on your head is strictly up to you and your head. The only limits are your imagination... and size of your head."
(2014-02-01, 16:44)drsynister Wrote: This may not be the best place to ask but what did you think of that df30 remote (first one 2nd row under the k400)?

I've been looking at using it with my NUC but with most of these remotes it's hard to get reviews

Any thoughts?

I really wanted to like it, it has keyboard on the back, an IR mode and can learn IR signals, etc. However, mine stopped working and I never bothered to get it exchanged. The other issue was that the air mouse option, while it had a button to turn it off, would default to "on" every 5 minutes (whenever the remote would "sleep" and then wake). So you would have to turn off the air mouse to prevent the cursor on the screen, and also to get the select button working again.

It was really close to being my main go-to remote.
(2014-02-01, 01:03)calev Wrote:

I had to add my Xbox controllers device name into the bundled xbox360 keymap(after copying it from the system folder to the userdata folder) for it to work. Check the xbmc.log to see if the controller is being detected.
About half of my collection, all have been used (or still used) with XBMC or purchased for XBMC.
includes cheap 7" tablet that I got to be used as dedicated Yatse remote and added to it a wireless charging solution but due to horrible wifi card (that kills every wireless network in range) it was added to my soldering practice boards.
Also the Rii 25 was a disappointment, was recieved faulty and looks like the D-Pad is IR only so it's also cracked open in hope that I could interact with the MCU (there are headers that looks like development related, may be uart).
I'm still waiting for more remotes from Chinese suppliers so I could map them all for XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show us your t... remotes1