Linux Ubuntu title bar showing when maximised
When XBMC is in windowed mode in Ubuntu, and you maximise the window, the title bar still shows. In every other application I have used, the titlebar becomes part of the top bar - why is XBMC any different? It ends up having two sets of Close/Minimise/Restors buttons, one in the Unity top bar, and one in XBMC itself, just underneath it.

How can I make the normal Unity behaviour work as usual, without going full screen?
Use the backslash key to put xbmc in fullscreen mode
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
crazyskeggy Wrote:How can I make the normal Unity behaviour work as usual, without going full screen?
(Emphasis added)

I don't want to go full screen, partly because it means I can only fun XBMC, and nothing else - I want to be able to leave it as a window (when leaving full screen the music mutes for a bit too - I don't want that). Also, going full screen #1 (the only full screen option) puts XBMC on both my laptop's display, and my second screen (my TV), preventing me from using my computer.[/quote]
Like this:

Not possible with mainline xbmc. You need a version that has dropped SDL, for example the version from wsnipex fernetmenta master ppa.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm afraid didn't understood your trouble, can you upload an image of your problem?
I've never thought about the possibility of have this media center in windowed mode.
You need an X11 aware xbmc version, which mainline is not. which just entered xbmc master.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu title bar showing when maximised0