Core i5 2500k HD Video/Audio performance
Hi.

I'm looking for a bit of advice on the HD video and audio performance of the Core i5 2500k CPU.
Currently i'm running a late 2012 spec self built gaming PC, but over the last 12 months I've had it sat in the lounge only being used as a HTPC running XBMC.
The idea is to move the hardware into a smaller HTPC style case, which will involve a change of motherboard and losing the nvidia GTX 560 TI GPU. I'm currently connected into my surround system with a Denon AVR2312 at it's center, and I don't want to lose the ability to stream HD audio to it.
So I guess I'm looking for someone who has experience with using this CPU in combination with a motherboard using an on board HDMI connector, and I'd like to know if the Intel HD Graphics 3000 built into the CPU will cut it.

Thanks for any help
Kelvin.
(2014-02-24, 23:37)GFresh Wrote: So I guess I'm looking for someone who has experience with using this CPU in combination with a motherboard using an on board HDMI connector, and I'd like to know if the Intel HD Graphics 3000 built into the CPU will cut it.

Thanks for any help
Kelvin.
For playback Blu-ray disc, streaming Blu-ray file and streaming Netflix, Amazon, etc, "YES" it can handles it with ease....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-02-25, 00:11)bluray Wrote:
(2014-02-24, 23:37)GFresh Wrote: So I guess I'm looking for someone who has experience with using this CPU in combination with a motherboard using an on board HDMI connector, and I'd like to know if the Intel HD Graphics 3000 built into the CPU will cut it.

Thanks for any help
Kelvin.
For playback Blu-ray disc, streaming Blu-ray file and streaming Netflix, Amazon, etc, "YES" it can handles it with ease....

That sounds quite promising then Wink

Thanks for the reply
2500k is the best of its class for video. 4 unlocked cores and it can transcode like a beast!!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-02-25, 11:20)jammyb Wrote: 2500k is the best of its class for video. 4 unlocked cores and it can transcode like a beast!!

That's great news, thanks for that man

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Core i5 2500k HD Video/Audio performance0