json Player.GetItem "tvshow poster"
I am trying to integrate posters into Demopad and have a small query, I want to display the movie or tv show now playing poster. Movies works fine as the poster is always called "Thumbnail" however with tvshows "thumbnail" is the episode image no tthe tv show poster.

the command I am using is

jsonrpc? {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetItem", "params": { "properties": ["title", "album", "artist", "season", "episode", "runtime", "showtitle","tvshowid", "thumbnail", "file", "fanart"], "playerid": 1 }, "id": "1"}

could someone tell me if there is an additional parameter to call the tv show "poster"?

thanks
That depends on the version of XBMC you are using. Try getting the "art" property. It is an object with one or more properties like "fanart", "thumb", "poster" and for episodes there's also "tvshow.poster", "tvshow.banner" etc.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I am using 12.3.

so if I replace "thumbnail" and "fanart" in the query with "art" this will pull all associated art locations?
Yes
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thanks perfect!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
json Player.GetItem "tvshow poster"0