XBMC no mp3 sound
I've had a look around the forums but this one has me stumped.

I've finally got my xbmc up and running with movies and it's working perfect for them. no stutters and decoding DTS and DD.

Now my problem is I'm also trying to add my music library but I can't get any Audio to play through my pioneer VSX-527. Movies with mp3 tracks work fine but mp3 songs just won't give out any sound.

Here are my audio output settings.

Audio output: HDMI
Speaker config: 5.1
AC3: Yes
DTS: Yes
AAC: No
LPCM: Yes
TrueHD: Yes
DTS-HD: Yes
Audio output: WASAPI HDMi
Passthrough: WASAPI HDMI

Does anybody have any suggestions why this won't playback?

Works fine out of xbmc in windows.
You need to turn the volume up inside xbmc. On my keyboard it's the fn + mute button. I have the same problem as you and need to do it regularly.
Checked that already.

Volume is on 100%
Yes it's on 100% at mine too but I can turn it up to 100% again when a mp3 track is playing. I think it's related to tv tunes if you are using that for your tv shows.

As I said before, start a track and try hit your mute button. It should do the trick
I don't have any tv shows or tv tunes set.

I'll give it a go but pretty sure I tried to volume up and it just kep flashing 100%
Just gave it a go and volume is deffo at 100% and won't go up again.
Please link to a debug log of you playing a mp3, refer to log_file (wiki) if you haven't done this before.
Sorry I forgot to ask if you're having XBMC in true full screen window mode or have it in full screen?

Mine is in true full screen window mode.

I just took a look at my keyboard, sorry again. When I'm using the fn button I release F10, that's the same button as mute without fn button on my Logitech K400.

So try F10 while a track is playing?
Yes mine is also in true full screen as movie playback in window mode is just useless.

Will get log now.
Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=141458
Dont know if its a bug with xbmc but I had this issue last night. Everything was working fine and then suddenly my mp3 and flac and LPCM audio track will have no sound. All my movies that was dd or dts-hd worked but mp3 and lpcm didnt. I found out somehow the volume inside of XBMC (osd) was set to -54.0db even tho I didnt turn it down to -54db. I set it back to 0db and now sound is working. This has happen before for me and my way of resolving it was to restore a previous database.
How did you change the db volume?

I open up the OSD and then go to Settings the OSD and it does nothing. Won't load up a menu or anything.

Beginning to give up on this and revert back to iTunes.

Can't anybody see anything apparent from the logs?
I don't see anything obvious in the log.

Please describe exactly what happens you play something back, does mp3 actually start to play but you get no sound?

How are you starting playback, from one of the Library sections? or from the files view? try files view and browsing your server directories if you haven't already.

Try pressing F8 on keyboard to toggle mute.

Check in your Userdata folder for guisettings.xml look for

Code:
<audio>
    <mute>false</mute>
    <fvolumelevel>1.000000</fvolumelevel>
</audio>

check that fvolumelevel is as above.

You mention videos with mp3 are ok, with music file selected open Context menu go to Play Using and select dvdplayer, what happens?
Btw, did you try to get this working before installing the Artist Slideshow stuff? just wondering if that is having a effect.

I also notice you're using Aeon Nox, have you tried getting this working with the default Confluence skin.

Personally I think you're trying to do too much at once, I'd start with the basics of getting playback working in Confluence, then once you have that all working perfect then move onto all the fancy GUI stuff by changing skins and using add-ons.
I've managed to fix It.

Had to set audio output to direct sound and pass through to WASAPI.

Doesn't seem to be effecting the films either.

Would I miss out on anything having audio output set to direct sound?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC no mp3 sound0