Vesa mounted Intel NUC IR reciever
Hello,

I have just bought an Intel NUC and would like to mount it on the back of my screen with the vesa mount.
But the problem is that the IR receiver will end up on the back of the screen.

Have anyone tried this or have a good solution to this problem?

Or is the idea of using the vesa mount stupid if you intend to use the IR receiver?

Cheers
Test it yourself? Put the NUC behind the TV (without assembling it), and test if the IR receives the signal when the remote is pointed at the sealing, wall, etc. Sometimes it works without any problems and sometimes it doesn't.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Well, I guess that would be a simple test. I don't have a remote yet and have not deciding on if I should buy one.

Maybe I will buy a cheap one for the purpose of testing it.
Buy a cheap small square of mirror glass to reflect the IR signal? Thats worked for years in my house!
cool, maybe I'll try that. Thanks!
IR extender!
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-ir-extender
I'm often surprised at how well the wall behind a TV will reflect the signal from the remote. There's been many times where I haven't needed to do anything special in order to use the IR remote with a box behind the TV.
@decaturguy
Thanks, that would work, but it seems a little overkill to transfer the signal about 30 cm.

@ned Scott
Great! Except under my current arrangement I do not have a wall behind the screen. Maybe I should rearrange Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vesa mounted Intel NUC IR reciever0