Solved Refresh Rate to Match Video Broken
(2014-03-08, 15:41)brazen1 Wrote: Hi jmarshall.

Thank you for your attention.

"It affects only win32".
These were all 64-bit.

I didn't think there is a 64 bit windows version of xbmc?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There isn't, as far as I'm aware. Maybe he meant only 32 bit versions of Windows?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
No I think he meant windows is the only platform affected. Win32 is only one of the very many targets for xbmc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh, that makes sense.

Correct. Windows is the affected platform. The commit has gone in now, so tonight's (or maybe tomorrow's, depending on timing) nightly will contain the fix.

Nightlies are running off Gotham branch, so is B1 + fixes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Excellent work and thank you.
Refresh rate is now auto switching from 60hz to 24hz as intended using Win7 x64 and this build ---> XBMCSetup-20140309-ce284f8-Gotham.exe
Great support - Great team - and prompt. Rep point for all of you. Thanks again.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Once I've installed the latest nightly I'll see if I notice a difference. It worked before on my set up so hoping it will continue to work.

Thank you jmarshall for the lighting speed fix you provided.

You're welcome. Thanks for the report Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Looks like it may be broken again in XBMCSetup-20140310-64a9cb9-Gotham. Just downloading 9 March to test.

Scratch that - looks like my GFX card has gone funky and is only reporting 60hz as available.
Well damn. The build I had installed, the 20140308 or 20140307 version, worked perfectly - now XBMC is back to its old behaviour where it doesn't pause before changing the refresh rate, which results in dropped frames straight from the start.

The refresh rate does change, but the 'pause before' bit never really worked on my set up. Will revert to the previous build.

Pause during refresh rate change using 20140309 is working for me. Have it set at 2 secs.
I also noticed strange behavior if I installed on top of existing versions.
At 1 point, the moment XBMC opened, it was switching to 24Hz in the GUI. Had not even began playback yet.
It only switched back to 60Hz when exited.
No matter how many times I reinstalled ANY build the behavior continued.
Moved the entire XBMC Roaming folder for later retrieval, uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled.
Then and only then everything began to work as intended.
Fwiw, I've also been toggling a modified advanced.xml with refresh rate mods during tests.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <splash>false</splash>
   <measurerefreshrate>true</measurerefreshrate>
   <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
   <allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>
   <video>
      <adjustrefreshrate>
        <override>
          <fpsmin>29.96</fpsmin>
          <fpsmax>30.01</fpsmax>
          <refresh>60</refresh>
        </override>
        <override>
          <fpsmin>23.96</fpsmin>
          <fpsmax>24.01</fpsmax>
          <refresh>24</refresh>
        </override>
        <override>
          <fpsmin>24.99</fpsmin>
          <fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
          <refresh>24</refresh>
        </override>
        <override>
          <fpsmin>49.99</fpsmin>
          <fpsmax>50.01</fpsmax>
          <refresh>60</refresh>
        </override>
      </adjustrefreshrate>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Just tested 20140310 and upped the pause time from one second to two. Also changed it to dupe/drop audio - appears to be working fine now. Stable frame rate at 23.98, 24, 25, 29.98, 50 and 60.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh Rate to Match Video Broken0