NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
Did, the file entry isn't duplicated -- only the library entry in the movie table (which itself doesn't have path information). Both entries link to the same idFile in the files table. Setting the content type back to none and selecting to remove all library items in that path does clear them out, and scanning them back in after that gets rid of the duplicates.

-- And I agree, duplicates probably aren't related, however... --

Regarding NFS -- thats what I was implying. I wanted to see if I could reproduce the symptoms with a scenario that didn't really indicate an actual bug with libnfs itself (I wouldn't consider a stale NFS mount a bug with libnfs, it's really more of a hazard of using NFSv3 in general (where its not exactly uncommon)). There are certainly things that could be done to try and mitigate the issue, but that's not quite the same problem.

Discounting the reports from the downgraded libnfs (like mine, and some others), I've only come across two (if anyone has more, I'd appreciate a link!) reports of the original issue -- one of which doesn't actually provide any information, so it's difficult to for-certain associate it with the issue.

At the moment I suspect something in bossanova808's setup is producing a stale-mount-like case, or perhaps it really is just stale-mounts. I'd really like to see if he can reproduce it using the other NFS server software, since I can't reproduce the issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2 - by garretn - 2014-03-26, 23:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 20