NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
From the sound of it it's still broken in Gotham, and while I don't understand the reason, sounds like it's going to stay that way for at least the first release version of Gotham. You should however be able to install any Gotham release, including nightlies, and replace the libnfs.dll it installs (under your XBMC install's system directory, not your profile directory) with this one Memphiz posted earlier:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037...-maybe.dll

You will need to rename it to just libnfs.dll and replace the existing one. As for nitpicking, it depends on your library and other factors like your network as well. I have an enormous library, and the difference is substantial compared to samba -- any my home network is wired only, gigabit all around. Those that use wireless have noted the difference for them whether they're able to play their media without stuttering, while obviously network related, still makes all the difference. So it's up to you really. If samba works fine for you, it might be simpler to just use that, but remember that switching later can be an epic pain in the derrière.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2 - by garretn - 2014-04-17, 19:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 20