• 33(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
Hello !

i'm a huge fan of this skin from the Frodo days.

I have a new installation of Gotham, the latest. when i try to install the repo and the skin from there one of 2 things happen:
1. it gets to 97% and then freezes.
2. i click but nothing happens. stuck on 0%

when i tried the actual master file from github, it didn't even do anything. nothing gets installed.

what am i doing wrong?

again - brand new installation, this is the first thing im trying to install.

thanks !
How long do you wait when its stuck? Mine got stuck at 99% and stayed like that for 1 1/2 minutes
I waited about 15 minutes.
Well that's not normal Wink
(2014-05-17, 14:01)gcmvanloon Wrote: I would like to report a bug that I've found in reFocus, an otherwise fantastic skin!

XBMC seems to restart when you try to back out of the OSD of the Live TV.
I've got logs but they are of little help. E.g. they show all key presses up to the point backspace is pressed (to back out of the OSD). After that a new log file is started showing the initialization of XBMC. I'm happy to provide these logs if you need them.

I can confirm this. Happens for me on Windows and Mac OS as well using the stable release of XBMC. It doesn't happen when using Confluence.
(2014-05-17, 11:24)Jeroen Wrote: Why would that make it easier? The master branch is always the development branch, and there is no auto build... The official releases are compiled builds, not branches.

I already set up a Gotham branch. When the Gotham final is out, development will continue on master, and only important / critical updates will be merged with / backported to the Gotham branch and a new build will be released (based on the Gotham branch) through the repo add-on.

The first couple of changes for Helix will break compatibility with Gotham right away. So using an auto build on master is not a sensible thing to do imo. Let alone the fact that I have no need for auto build. It's not like compiling a build takes me a lot of time. Using the build scripts and some other automation it takes a couple of minutes max from start to upload.

Like I said:
- Github source = unstable, development version, more likely to have bugs
- Repository add-on = stable, thoroughly tested compiled builds

If you want to have daily compiled builds based of an unstable master / development branch, that's fine by me but that's something you're going to have to set up for yourself.

I don't think you get what i am talking about. The technique i am talking about is one we usually use in software dev.
Let s say you have a repo toto on github
- branch develop : daily development.
- branch master : official releases

In your case and as it is what you are doing right now, develop=master and master=gotham/Helix. ...
So in your case the auto build process would be on the branch gotham or helix.
I was not talking about nightly compiled builds.
I thought about that after sending you the compile script. Seeing it would allow automatic compilation of the skin, why not automate it and not have to do it yourself.
This is something we are faced daily in open source dev.
But it was just a suggestion to make your like easier Wink
(2014-05-17, 18:32)Quaith Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 14:01)gcmvanloon Wrote: I would like to report a bug that I've found in reFocus, an otherwise fantastic skin!

I've got logs but they are of little help. E.g. they show all key presses up to the point backspace is pressed (to back out of the OSD). After that a new log file is started showing the initialization of XBMC. I'm happy to provide these logs if you need them.

I can confirm this. Happens for me on Windows and Mac OS as well using the stable release of XBMC. It doesn't happen when using Confluence.

Please post your debug logs. The skin doesn't trigger anything on pressing back here, so i'm not sure what I should be looking for, but got to start somewhere.

What about pressing escape / exit instead of back? Does that work normally?

(2014-05-17, 17:08)amornik Wrote: I waited about 15 minutes.

I can't check it right now but maybe there's an issue on github or something. Everything worked normally for me before and I haven't changed anything on the repo since.
(2014-05-17, 19:36)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 18:32)Quaith Wrote:

Please post your debug logs. The skin doesn't trigger anything on pressing back here, so i'm not sure what I should be looking for, but got to start somewhere.

What about pressing escape / exit instead of back? Does that work normally?

http://pastebin.com/SQSjZwYy

Pressing escape doesn't make XBMC crash. The crashing also doesn't happen using backspace when one of the player control buttons is selected.
Jeroen, just FYI as I presume you're manually pulling script.watchlist to your repo, I've made a very minor update to it to fix a potential crash on Helix Smile
(2014-05-17, 19:00)carmenm Wrote: In your case and as it is what you are doing right now, develop=master and master=gotham/Helix. ...
So in your case the auto build process would be on the branch gotham or helix.
Ah but before you we're talking about using master for official releases. Every project I follow on Github uses master for daily development Smile

I guess having to spend a couple of minutes every month (or even week) to manually make a build just isn't a big enough problem for me Wink

Aside from that I use a different ID for the development version and the official releases so before building I have to adjust the version number anyway.

(2014-05-17, 17:08)amornik Wrote: I waited about 15 minutes.
Did you get it to install? I updated the skin on my rPi last night and didn't have any problems.

(2014-05-18, 00:30)Unfledged Wrote: Jeroen, just FYI as I presume you're manually pulling script.watchlist to your repo, I've made a very minor update to it to fix a potential crash on Helix Smile

Great, thanks for the head up Smile Updated on the repo
(2014-05-17, 18:32)Quaith Wrote: http://pastebin.com/SQSjZwYy
Pressing escape doesn't make XBMC crash. The crashing also doesn't happen using backspace when one of the player control buttons is selected.
I have been trying to reproduce the problem using the PVR demo add-on (a customized version that uses local streams as channels), but so far without succes. I don't have a clue to be honest. The crash happens when leaving VideoFullScreen.xml, which is one of the most uneventful windows of all Wink

EDIT: While checking the file I noticed the skin was missing a couple of new(ish) pvr stream information labels (the ones you see when you press O). So I added these (on Git) but I can't imagine this having to do anything with the problem though.
(2014-05-18, 08:06)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 18:32)Quaith Wrote: http://pastebin.com/SQSjZwYy
I have been trying to reproduce the problem using the PVR demo add-on (a customized version that uses local streams as channels), but so far without succes. I don't have a clue to be honest. The crash happens when leaving VideoFullScreen.xml, which is one of the most uneventful windows of all Wink

EDIT: While checking the file I noticed the skin was missing a couple of new(ish) pvr stream information labels (the ones you see when you press O). So I added these (on Git) but I can't imagine this having to do anything with the problem though.

Updated the skin and unfortunatly the crash still happens. Might as well be a XBMC bug though as there is basicly nothing in the log that looks like a skin error, although your skin might be triggering the bug Wink
True. I'll submit a trac ticket and include your debug log.

Just to be sure, this only happens when using live tv right? You cannot reproduce this using a movie or episode for example?
(2014-05-18, 10:32)Jeroen Wrote: True. I'll submit a trac ticket and include your debug log.

Just to be sure, this only happens when using live tv right? You cannot reproduce this using a movie or episode for example?

Good question, this actually does happen with movies and tv shows as well. Sorry that I forgot to mention this.
(2014-05-18, 10:48)Quaith Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 10:32)Jeroen Wrote: True. I'll submit a trac ticket and include your debug log.

Good question, this actually does happen with movies and tv shows as well. Sorry that I forgot to mention this.

No problem, at least that means I can stop looking for PVR specific things. Seeing as I'm on OSX too, one would expect it to be reproducible though...

Could you check your OSX crash log? If XBMC crashed I would expect there to be references to it there.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14