• 39(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-05-28, 08:16)Jeroen Wrote: Then you don't have (the required version of) the Fanart Grabber add-on installed. This add-on should be installed automatically. What XBMC version are you on? Did you install reFocus through the repository add-on? If not, how did you install?

Turns out the addons were missing. I installed the skin by unzipping the archive into the addons folder. All is ok now. I feel the fanart is almost invisible when browsing the library anyway to increase the opacity?
If you unzip a skin into the addons folder, it can't check for dependencies, so that's not recommended. You'll need to either edit media/overlays/base_color.png, or lower the opacity value (first two digits) of "base_1" in colors/Defaults.xml.
(2014-05-27, 00:34)Jeroen Wrote: The only small problem I encountered here is that the artist fanart is showing even though "show now playing item in homescreen" is not enabled. Even though the info isn't displayed I guess it doesn't really make sense to show the fanart in that case.

Hi, watch this video, please. (a video is much better than words)

https://app.box.com/s/a0dnoxupo70coilto32h
(2014-05-28, 00:12)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 22:54)newsilentsilver Wrote: reFocus for Gotham is great, I love the modern flat design. Smile But is there a chance that you add a bigger font like the big fonts of mods of your old reFocus design like reFocus BIG oder reFocus light? I don't think that there is a mod like them of the modern Gotham design in sight and if you add one there is no need for a mod with big fonts anymore because it's part of your original skin. Smile

Can't say I have any plans for it, but tweaking the font sizes to your liking should be very easy to do in fonts.xml.

Thank you for the tipp. I didn't know that it's such easy - in other skins it isn't. Smile

I test default, unicode and open with font size +4. Because the default font makes the best impression, I test with font size +6 and +8. +8 has the best readable content text, but don't look good on some places of the skin. In this case +6 is the best compromise beetween readability and design. In the end I add a new fontset "Big" with font size +6 to Font.xml:

http://www.zwene.de/Font.xml

I only miss two things now:

1. A background for the content text in fullscreen gallery view (eg. like the one in the files list view). Without background the many text isn't readable very well.
  2. The scrolling of this text on home screen widget and fullscreen gallery view (eg. like the text in the info screen).
(2014-05-28, 19:50)Seque Wrote: Hi, watch this video, please. (a video is much better than words)

Thanks for the video. I am sorry, but I still can't reproduce the problem here Undecided I took the same steps as you and tried several times, but each time I see the artist fanart first (when it is available) and when I stop playback the images I chose before show up again.

What version of reFocus are you using? If you're on the stable release, maybe I fixed this (without knowing) in the dev version.

Anyone else with this problem? If some more people can try this out that would be great.

(2014-05-29, 00:10)newsilentsilver Wrote: Thank you for the tipp. I didn't know that it's such easy - in other skins it isn't. Smile

I test default, unicode and open with font size +4. Because the default font makes the best impression, I test with font size +6 and +8. +8 has the best readable content text, but don't look good on some places of the skin. In this case +6 is the best compromise beetween readability and design. In the end I add a new fontset "Big" with font size +6 to Font.xml:

http://www.zwene.de/Font.xml

I only miss two things now:

1. A background for the content text in fullscreen gallery view (eg. like the one in the files list view). Without background the many text isn't readable very well.
  2. The scrolling of this text on home screen widget and fullscreen gallery view (eg. like the text in the info screen).

I really meant the fullscreen gallery view to be a place where the fanart is showcased. There is a background here, but it is quite light yeah. If you want to change it go into ViewGallery.xml and look for this piece of code:

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
    <include>
screen_Dimensions</include>
    <
texture>overlays/vignette2.png</texture>
    <
aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
</
control

You can alter that .png file. Be aware though that this image is used in other places too, so it'e probably best to just replace it here with another image by changing the code.

What do you mean by scrolling the text here? If you want to enable/disable it, there will be an option for it in the next release.
Hey Jeroen. This is the issue that I mentioned a few days back I'm having. By the way, I'm always using the backspace key here, never "escape".

I go to TV Shows -> Browse and I see all my shows there.
Going back to the main menu and selecting In Progress displays the right shows.
Try to Browse the whole thing again, but it only displays the In Progress shows (see the item count at top left corner, for example)
I then have to press the backspace key 3 times for it to take me to the main menu again (I would think one click would be enough?).
Then Browse will show me all my shows, but going to In Progress again will mess things up.
Any idea what might be causing this issue?
Any logs I can pull that might tell what's going on?
(2014-05-29, 12:43)samukas Wrote: Hey Jeroen. This is the issue that I mentioned a few days back I'm having. By the way, I'm always using the backspace key here, never "escape".

I go to TV Shows -> Browse and I see all my shows there.
Going back to the main menu and selecting In Progress displays the right shows.
Try to Browse the whole thing again, but it only displays the In Progress shows (see the item count at top left corner, for example)
I then have to press the backspace key 3 times for it to take me to the main menu again (I would think one click would be enough?).
Then Browse will show me all my shows, but going to In Progress again will mess things up.
Any idea what might be causing this issue?
Any logs I can pull that might tell what's going on?

I just looked and I have the same problem, had not seen!
Thanks, I can't think of anything at the moment unfortunately. I'm out of the country for a couple of days, I'll look into it next week.

Probably not worth it to spend a lot of time in it though as I also started work on rebuilding the home menu to make use of the skin shortcuts script. Which in short means way less code needed for the home menu and pretty much total customization options.
(2014-05-29, 07:25)Jeroen Wrote: I really meant the fullscreen gallery view to be a place where the fanart is showcased. There is a background here, but it is quite light yeah. If you want to change it go into ViewGallery.xml and look for this piece of code:

Didn't work. Sad But after a little time of thinking: Are we meaning the same overlay? I mean the blue background stripe for the plots like this, because it's a lot better readable on smaller screens like my 26'' tv:

Quote:What do you mean by scrolling the text here? If you want to enable/disable it, there will be an option for it in the next release.

Yes, I mean the auto scrolling of the plot texts. I tested all views with the github version and think that it is a bug in the fullscreen gallery view: In all other views the auto scroll is working, but not so in this view. There the plot text is standing still.

And I found another bug (or feature?) in this view: "Highlight first letter while scrolling" is not working here, too.
(2014-05-29, 15:19)newsilentsilver Wrote: Didn't work. Sad But after a little time of thinking: Are we meaning the same overlay? I mean the blue background stripe for the plots like this, because it's a lot better readable on smaller screens like my 26'' tv:

What did you try?

We're talking about the same location and view. But that blue overlay doesn't exist in reFocus anymore, so that's why I said you would have to edit that in.

Quote:Yes, I mean the auto scrolling of the plot texts. I tested all views with the github version and think that it is a bug in the fullscreen gallery view: In all other views the auto scroll is working, but not so in this view. There the plot text is standing still.
Yeah I know, will be fixed in the next release. It's actually caused by an XBMC bug, I'll include a workaround if the fix for it isn't included yet.

Quote:And I found another bug (or feature?) in this view: "Highlight first letter while scrolling" is not working here, too.
I'll look into that, thanks.
(2014-05-29, 07:25)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 19:50)Seque Wrote: Hi, watch this video, please. (a video is much better than words)

Thanks for the video. I am sorry, but I still can't reproduce the problem here Undecided I took the same steps as you and tried several times, but each time I see the artist fanart first (when it is available) and when I stop playback the images I chose before show up again.

What version of reFocus are you using? If you're on the stable release, maybe I fixed this (without knowing) in the dev version.

Version 1.1.2 installed from repository and 1.2.0 from Github, in two versions the same problem.
And you are 100% sure you have fanart in your library for that artist? I'll try reproducing again when I get home, but if that's not successful I honestly don't know what to do. I'll look through the code regardless, but I really need to be able to reproduce the problem before making changes.

Meanwhile if any other people are having the same problem please let me know. The more test cases the better.
(2014-05-31, 11:13)Jeroen Wrote: And you are 100% sure you have fanart in your library for that artist? I'll try reproducing again when I get home, but if that's not successful I honestly don't know what to do. I'll look through the code regardless, but I really need to be able to reproduce the problem before making changes.

Meanwhile if any other people are having the same problem please let me know. The more test cases the better.

I think so that you don't understand me what is the problem. I haven't fanart for that artist... but the problem is: i setting a slideshow with images in a network folder and when a playback music the images are others (images saves on skin background folder) that i'm not setting...
Can someone please help me? Im trying to change the view of the way my movies and tv shows are shown. Right now they are the standard vertical way and I wanted to make them go the horizontal way with the information of the movie/show at the bottom. Like how it looks in OP's imgur post. I've been pulling out my hair messing with these settings and still no luck. It's probably right in front of me and I'm missing it.
what view you want to change? live tv? Can you explain, I do not quite understand!
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14