Fix for XBMC ignoring NFO files?
Has there been a fix for XBMC ignoring NFO files. The last version that didn't ignore the NFO files was Frodo 12.0, hence the reason I'm still using this version. Aspect ratio and DTSHD-MA 7.1 flags get reset everytime you play the movie in all other versions except 12.0. I manually edit my NFO files to reflect what the actual aspect ratio is and number of audio channels. I've been waiting on a fix but it doesn't seem like its on anyones radar.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
XBMC always updates the streamdetails upon playback. The NFO files are only used at the time the video is scanned into the library. As far as I know, there are no plans to allow manual over rides on streamdetails.
(2014-04-08, 02:28)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC always updates the streamdetails upon playback. The NFO files are only used at the time the video is scanned into the library. As far as I know, there are no plans to allow manual over rides on streamdetails.

Thanks for your reply but evidently 12.0 doesn't update streamdetails upon playback. Is there a way to make the later versions not update streamdetails like 12.0 does? Thanks again
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
There's no way unless you want to modify the code and recompile.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-04-08, 14:03)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 02:28)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC always updates the streamdetails upon playback. The NFO files are only used at the time the video is scanned into the library. As far as I know, there are no plans to allow manual over rides on streamdetails.

Thanks for your reply but evidently 12.0 doesn't update streamdetails upon playback. Is there a way to make the later versions not update streamdetails like 12.0 does? Thanks again

Must be a fluke in your specific case, since XBMC is always supposed to update streamdetails upon playback, and it has been that way for several versions now. At least since v10, I think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fix for XBMC ignoring NFO files?0