Youtube live stream 1800 720 max
Hi

I have the minix x7 mini and it's all sweet however having trouble watching live events on Youtube add on in xbmc.

It buffers too much if I watch a 1080p live stream. 720 is fine. I want to watch the world surfing tour events that are streamed live on youtube in 1080p.

I've tried setting the max quality in the youtube add on settings to 720 but this doesn't improve the 1080p live streams.

I tried the xbmc cache tweak in Xunity maintenance tool and that hasn't worked either.

Through the youtube app (tried the minix recommended one and the newest edition) the live stream for these events I want to watch is very poor quality and can't really be watched as nothing is clear. If the youtube clip is not live it plus perfectly clear in 1080p and never pauses.

Any ideas on either the live stream on youtube xbmc or on the youtube app.

Thanks.
(2014-04-08, 03:39)tysonut Wrote: ...I tried the xbmc cache tweak in Xunity maintenance tool and that hasn't worked either...

This is NOT supported here and will most likely break your system. Read this for more information.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks. So there's nothing in the official settings to rectify this.
(2014-04-08, 11:12)tysonut Wrote: Thanks. So there's nothing in the official settings to rectify this.

(2014-04-08, 03:39)tysonut Wrote: ...I tried the xbmc cache tweak in Xunity maintenance tool and that hasn't worked either...

This is NOT supported here and will most likely break your system. Read this for more information.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
There are known issues with watching youtube in 1080p, check the youtube addon forum thread for that.
As far as I know it has to do with changes made by google.

On the other hand you have been running tools that are known to royally muck up peoples settings so that might very well be the cause of your problems.
Overwriting them with 'better defaults' that are just plain wrong is a great way to break stuff.

In general we do not help people that ignore our advice and install and run these add-ons. Piers was right to point you at the wiki.
These unofficial and unsupported "tools" (if anyone sane ever can call them that) dont fix anything either, they break XBMC even further, one of the many reasons why they are blacklisted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube live stream 1800 720 max0