Strange behaviour
Some oddness today, I'll be watching south park and suddenly it will be like someone is pressing something, the menu appears with the episode playing, it will go to addons and highlight Tv tunes.

Done this twice today, what could cause this strangeness? Attached combo mouse/keyboard turned off and the remote on the table, buttons face up so not being pressed.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Some silly add-on is running and doing silly things by the looks.

The Debug Log will reveal the culprit.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, Suddenly it all went mental. Same thing happened, but it was like a key was stuck. Menus moving all over the place. Log! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82412466/xbmc.log

and a video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KKaYoyK...e=youtu.be
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Hmmmmm this seems to have followed the usual pattern of a dev asking for a debug log, debug log is posted, then completely ignored. About the usual for around here.

RC1 seems to have fixed this issue, however.
You know, all the devs are gearing up for Gotham final, right? You're consistently impatient, I've noticed.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I did look at your log, but gave up due to the insane number of silly things going on. e.g. tvtunes was constantly dumping stuff out to the log.

If it's fixed in RC1, it could be due to this:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ecbf...85463fe3a1

Either way, it's basically due to a script or plugin attempting to do stuff that wasn't designed for, so weirdness results.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Are you using a Bluetooth keyboard to control XBMC? I have seen this kinda thing happen with something interferes with the Bluetooth signal.

Did you recently install and WiFi Router near your computer or the area where you use XBMC?

Does your computer's Bluetooth adapter rely on wireless antennas that are used for on board WiFi and are they connected and connected properly?. I recently learned about this when I was having strange problems like yours because I tried running without the external antennas connected to the motherboard becasue i disabled the WiFi adapter.

Are there any other microwave RF devices nearby recently that can be interfering with a Bluetooth signal or overriding it? If there is another microwave device with a strong signal nearby that signal could be much stronger than the Bluetooth one and could be causing this. I always suspect radio problems for this kinda thing first.
Not using blue tooth on my PC :-) Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'll try disabling TVtunes, I don't use it at all but the aeon guy insisted to have mandatory addons installed (what a silly idea).

Ok so I can't disable them either, it is not letting me. What a poorly implemented feature. I don't even need rom collection thing etc. GAH.
Disable the skin. Disable anything the skin uses. Re-enable the skin.

Thanks for he tip :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange behaviour0