Closed & Solved: MySQL Version for Gotham
Hi All,

I'm running into some troubles that Gotham does not connect to my external database (it's on another computer)

This worked fine with Frodo but for Gotham i can't seem to get it to work. I tried to setup a MySQL version on a Windows machine (version 5.6) and i got it working. My Linux server which is running version 5.0.77 is not connecting. I was wondering if Gotham needs a certain version of MySQL?

Thanks!

Regards, Paul
Hi
please check XBMC user in your MySQL system has been granted with all needed permission. Upgrading from Frodo means XBMC needs to create XMBCVideo78 database and migrate XBMCVideo75 content.

See you!
Hi Nabz,

Thanks for your quick reply! I tried everything on my Linux SQL box. Deleting everything and starting from scratch. Even putting the permissions wide open CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'; and GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc'; but I don't get it to work. When using the newer version of MySQL on my windows box with the following commands: CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword'; and both GRANT ALL ON `MyMusic%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword'; and GRANT ALL ON `MyVideos%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword'; it works like a charm.

I'm putting the correct IP's and usernames / passwords in the advancedsettings.xml file. double checked it every time.

I'm now going to try to export the database from the MySQL on Windows and put it on the Linux box manually, see what happens...

Regards, Paul
So, just tried the export and import, issued the correct command on the MySQL under Linux and don't get connection to the database Sad maybe the version's mismatch indeed?
So, i've tackled the issue and i thought i should share it here.

I put on debug mode and i found this error:

12:03:33 T:2076 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos76 [2049](Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled))

Did some googleing and it seems that my username had an old password stuff or something.

When running the following command: Set session old_passwords=0; set password for 'xbmc'@'%' = password('mypassword'); it was fixed, Now i can connect to the database again! Smile

Please close topic and put as solved if possible! Smile
Hi,
You can add "closed " editing your first post subject

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Closed & Solved: MySQL Version for Gotham0