• 149(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-12-07, 17:22)noggin Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 15:27)kaiseruk Wrote: Apart from flirc does anyone of any small cheap infra red dongles that work the chromebox?

The Rosewill RC6 MS Media Centre dongles have worked fine for me, with Media Centre and One4All pretending to be Media Centre remotes. I mainly use a PS3 Blu-ray Bluetooth remote with my Chromebox at the moment though, as it doesn't require a dongle.

I am using an IR receiver TSDX-IR07 that came with a Rosewill RRC-127 MCE remote, along with my Harmony One. No problems. Also, there are many listed on the WIKI page.
Thanks for the replies. I suppose i'm looking for a small dongle the size of the flirc but cheaper, but doesnt seem like they exist for infra red (the flirc costs twice the price in europe it seems compared to the US).
I had luck with this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224ZDFY/
(2014-12-07, 19:25)ReverendOlaf Wrote: I had luck with this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224ZDFY/

+1 and using the Harmony One
(2014-12-07, 11:00)Hannes The Hun Wrote: guys, I recently tried out OpenElec (Kodi) 5.0 RC1 and the lock-ups while video playback (frozen frame, audio still running, box not reacting anymore) started again. I tried to find the option in video settings to activate software filters (necessary for openelec 4 on chromebox) but it seems that option was gone so I had to revert back to stable v4 again. did you experience similar issues, and will this be fixed for openelec v5 stable?

Sorry, can;t help you Hannes but I was having the same lockup symptoms as you last night. Not sure this is a Chromebox issue, however...
(2014-12-07, 19:44)jasn Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 11:00)Hannes The Hun Wrote: guys, I recently tried out OpenElec (Kodi) 5.0 RC1 and the lock-ups while video playback (frozen frame, audio still running, box not reacting anymore) started again. I tried to find the option in video settings to activate software filters (necessary for openelec 4 on chromebox) but it seems that option was gone so I had to revert back to stable v4 again. did you experience similar issues, and will this be fixed for openelec v5 stable?

Sorry, can;t help you Hannes but I was having the same lockup symptoms as you last night. Not sure this is a Chromebox issue, however...

As discussed elsewhere the option is now renamed "Prefer VAAPI Render" and needs to be "Off" to allow software filtering instead. However it doesn't cure all hangs...
So when I first setup my Chromebox, I just did the dual with Ubuntu. Now, I've changed to the coreboot, but the partitions are still there and I'm running out of space. Is there an easy way to blast the chromeos partitions and resize my Ubuntu one?
Just installed OpenElec on the Asus Chromebox and everything is working. However; I am trying to get the HP IR receiver model 5188-1667 (MCE/eHome) to work in OpenElec with my Harmony 890 Pro remote. This IR remote setup is working fine on a Windows setup of XMBC, but does not seem to work in OpenElec. Please help...
(2014-12-07, 20:36)m0ngr31 Wrote: So when I first setup my Chromebox, I just did the dual with Ubuntu. Now, I've changed to the coreboot, but the partitions are still there and I'm running out of space. Is there an easy way to blast the chromeos partitions and resize my Ubuntu one?

depends on your definition of easy. I'd boot a PartedMagic USB stick, then use the included tools to delete/resize as needed. You'll also likely need to mark the remaining partition as active/bootable.

(2014-12-07, 20:41)pglover19 Wrote: Just installed OpenElec on the Asus Chromebox and everything is working. However; I am trying to get the HP IR receiver model 5188-1667 (MCE/eHome) to work in OpenElec with my Harmony 890 Pro remote. This IR remote setup is working fine on a Windows setup of XMBC, but does not seem to work in OpenElec. Please help...

boot OpenELEC with receiver unplugged. Plug in receiver. connect to OE via SSH using Putty (e.g.) and run the following two commands, and post the resulting URLs here

Code:
dmesg | pastebinit
lsusb -vv | pastebinit
(2014-12-07, 20:41)pglover19 Wrote: Just installed OpenElec on the Asus Chromebox and everything is working. However; I am trying to get the HP IR receiver model 5188-1667 (MCE/eHome) to work in OpenElec with my Harmony 890 Pro remote. This IR remote setup is working fine on a Windows setup of XMBC, but does not seem to work in OpenElec. Please help...

Well the HP MCE remote with the HP IR receiver model 5188-1667 is working in OpenElec. Not sure why my Harmony 890 Pro remote is not working. Need help please...

(2014-12-07, 20:59)pglover19 Wrote:

Well the HP MCE remote with the HP IR receiver model 5188-1667 is working in OpenElec. Not sure why my Harmony 890 Pro remote is not working. Need help please...

The Harmony remote is programmed to the same IR codes that is on the HP MCE remote. So it should be working fine..

The Harmony remote is programmed to the same IR codes that is on the HP MCE remote. So it should be working fine..

Can someone please share their Harmony Remote setup configuration for a HP IR receiver that uses the HP MCE remote.
(2014-12-07, 20:59)pglover19 Wrote: Well the HP MCE remote with the HP IR receiver model 5188-1667 is working in OpenElec. Not sure why my Harmony 890 Pro remote is not working. Need help please...

How is the Harmony remote set up in the Logitech software - what device? It should be set up as a Microsoft Media Center extender, and the option to send remote keypresses as keyboard commands should not be selected in XBMC/Kodi.
hi all gf is going to new york this week. so gona get her to pick me one up as im from europe and cheaper in the usa.so whats the differnce between them if any ie hp/acer asusHuh also does anyone know where is selling them at the best price.cheers all
(2014-12-07, 21:07)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 20:59)pglover19 Wrote: Well the HP MCE remote with the HP IR receiver model 5188-1667 is working in OpenElec. Not sure why my Harmony 890 Pro remote is not working. Need help please...

How is the Harmony remote set up in the Logitech software - what device? It should be set up as a Microsoft Media Center extender, and the option to send remote keypresses as keyboard commands should not be selected in XBMC/Kodi.

I can't seem to find the screen to enable/disable the option to send remote keypresses as keyboard commands in Kodi. Where is it located?
(2014-12-07, 21:16)pglover19 Wrote: I can't seem to find the screen to enable/disable the option to send remote keypresses as keyboard commands in Kodi. Where is it located?

looks like that option doesn't exist anymore. what device is your Harmony remote programmed as in Logitech's software?
(2014-12-07, 21:07)Matt Devo Wrote:

It is setup as a Microsoft MCE Keyboard in the Logitech software... Is that correct?
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37