• 364(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-10-25, 23:46)toyopl Wrote: I can't enter developer mode.
I got to the Recovery screen but hitting CTRL-D does nothing.
I tried the following keyboards, they all can change language but ctrl-d doesn't register or something else is a problem
-Microsoft all-in-one media keyboard (wireless)
-IRainy 6 axis (wireless)
-Corsair Vengeance K70 (wired)

it can really only be two things - either the keyboards are problematic, or you're already in developer mode.
Hey guys - anyone ever take their chromebox traveling? How would this work with hotel wifi where you would need to authenticate first via web browser? Would this work using chromium browser (enter creds) then go back to addons and wifi sticks? Thx bros!
(2015-10-26, 18:16)loki05 Wrote: Hey guys - anyone ever take their chromebox traveling? How would this work with hotel wifi where you would need to authenticate first via web browser? Would this work using chromium browser (enter creds) then go back to addons and wifi sticks? Thx bros!

yes, yes. you'll need a keyboard/mouse to do so. No need to go back to wifi settings after authenticating.
Sad 
I really need some help please.... about 9 months ago i took my Toshiba Chromebook 1 and installed the dual boot on it with chrome os and openelec as it has the Intel in it and it works like a charm i love it! so yesterday i decided to install the dual boot on my Asus Chromebox cn60... i started by getting a revovery tool and imagine for my chromebox from http://mychromehome.blogspot.ca/2014/07/...e.html?m=1 after that i took apart my chrombox and took out the write protect screw, then once it was all back together i put it into dev mode with a paper clip. now os verification is off! then i used my recover tool and re installed chrome os, at this point i thought i was in the good and about to run the script and have the duel boot working .. Sad when i started up the chromebox i conected it to the internet and with my blue tooth keyboard was not able to get the ctrl alt f2 so i went in as guest and did "ctrl alt t" then "shell" and then typed both scripts in... it did not work i even loged into my account and ran the terminal and every time watching for capitals and proper spaces and it came back with the error message " failed writing body (0 != 678) " Sad can anybody please help me out on what im doing wrong as i love this scritp and have really enjoyed using it on my Toshiba Chromebook 1 i just would love to have dual boot chrome os and openelec on my asus chromebox cn60

thank you.
(2015-10-26, 19:18)thesleepyguy Wrote: I really need some help please.... about 9 months ago i took my Toshiba Chromebook 1 and installed the dual boot on it with chrome os and openelec as it has the Intel in it and it works like a charm i love it! so yesterday i decided to install the dual boot on my Asus Chromebox cn60... i started by getting a revovery tool and imagine for my chromebox from http://mychromehome.blogspot.ca/2014/07/...e.html?m=1 after that i took apart my chrombox and took out the write protect screw, then once it was all back together i put it into dev mode with a paper clip. now os verification is off! then i used my recover tool and re installed chrome os, at this point i thought i was in the good and about to run the script and have the duel boot working .. Sad when i started up the chromebox i conected it to the internet and with my blue tooth keyboard was not able to get the ctrl alt f2 so i went in as guest and did "ctrl alt t" then "shell" and then typed both scripts in... it did not work i even loged into my account and ran the terminal and every time watching for capitals and proper spaces and it came back with the error message " failed writing body (0 != 678) " Sad can anybody please help me out on what im doing wrong as i love this scritp and have really enjoyed using it on my Toshiba Chromebook 1 i just would love to have dual boot chrome os and openelec on my asus chromebox cn60

thank you.

follow the instructions and run the script from a terminal without logging in. If your BT keyboard doesn't work, use a different one (or make sure it doesn't require you to hit a Fn key as well to get F2). Running from a terminal after logging in is not supported and will not work.
Ok thank you very much!!! Should i reinstall chrome os with the recovery tool ? as I'm now logged in on my chrombox?? or could i do a simple restart and not log into my account? and get into the terminal with "ctrl alt f2"

thank you very much!
(2015-10-26, 19:47)thesleepyguy Wrote: Ok thank you very much!!! Should i reinstall chrome os with the recovery tool ? as I'm now logged in on my chrombox?? or could i do a simple restart and not log into my account? and get into the terminal with "ctrl alt f2"

thank you very much!

given that it only takes a few minutes, I'd use the recovery tool/media to ensure that you're starting from a known good place.
i got another keyboad ran the script installed everything says it all works i can log into the chrome os and if i push ctrl L i get a black screen saying seaBIOS
booting from hard disk..
booting..

failed to load ldlinux.c32
boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue ... i used the seaBIOS to update on my asus cromebox .... does anyone have any idea what i did wrong or what needs to be done to correct this ??

thank you
(2015-10-27, 05:43)thesleepyguy Wrote: i got another keyboad ran the script installed everything says it all works i can log into the chrome os and if i push ctrl L i get a black screen saying seaBIOS
booting from hard disk..
booting..

failed to load ldlinux.c32
boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue ... i used the seaBIOS to update on my asus cromebox .... does anyone have any idea what i did wrong or what needs to be done to correct this ??

thank you

how can we tell you what you did wrong when we don't know what you did? If you follow the instructions in the first post exactly, you will have no issues. For a dual boot setup, there's no need to run the legacy BIOS update step, it's part of the dual boot setup. So if I had to guess, sounds like you didn't run the 2nd part of the dual boot setup. But that's just a guess
So after installing this on my new Chromebox, I do not have Ethernet connection. Wireless connects fine but wired is not recognized. Has anyone had this issue?
Hello Matt, having problems to update my Asus Chromebox with you StandAlone tutorial. became an error Message: Failure reading current firmware; cannot proceed.

My Chromebox are running with OpenELEX 3.2.4 (Plex Version)

What can i do to Update the Firmware?

Thanks

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # bash SoCQtG

ChromeBox Firmware Updater v1.4
(c) Matt DeVillier <[email protected]>

!! WARNING !!
This firmware is only valid for Haswell-based Asus/HP/Acer/Dell
ChromeBoxes with Celeron 2955U/2957U, Core i3-4010U/4030U, Core i7-4600U CPUs
which are already running my custom coreboot firmware.
Use on any other device will almost certainly brick it.

Do you wish to continue? [y/N] y

Checking if update available...

Firmware update available (20150618)

Install "headless" firmware? This is only needed for servers
running without a connected display. [y/N] y

Default to booting from any connected USB device? If N, always boot from the internal SSD unless selected from boot menu. [y/N] n

Add PXE network booting capability? (This is not needed for by most users) [y/N] n

Reading current firmware
Failure reading current firmware; cannot proceed.
(2015-10-28, 03:25)madchild Wrote: So after installing this on my new Chromebox, I do not have Ethernet connection. Wireless connects fine but wired is not recognized. Has anyone had this issue?

RESOLVED

Had to boot into ChromeOS and disable the wifi and then the Ethernet popped up. Then I realized I'd never use ChromeOS so I installed Openelec standalone. Everything works awesome!

Great work Matt!!
(2015-10-28, 23:06)Lambada123 Wrote: Hello Matt, having problems to update my Asus Chromebox with you StandAlone tutorial. became an error Message: Failure reading current firmware; cannot proceed.

My Chromebox are running with OpenELEX 3.2.4 (Plex Version)

What can i do to Update the Firmware?

Thanks

boot/reboot the box, ssh in, and run: 'dmesg | pastebinit' and post the resulting URL so I can look at your kernel log and see why it's unable to detect the current version.
Hi Matt!

I'm having problem with my ASUS ChromeBox M004U

The boot seems to be messed up and I can't restore the stock firmware.

I started a new thread with more details here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245101

I really don't know what to do Sad

Please help!!
(2015-10-29, 05:24)J-Blaze Wrote: Hi Matt!

I'm having problem with my ASUS ChromeBox M004U

The boot seems to be messed up and I can't restore the stock firmware.

I started a new thread with more details here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245101

I really don't know what to do Sad

Please help!!

replied in your thread
  • 364(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37