• 536(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2019-03-19, 07:03)situ Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I just Picked up an Asus Chromebox CN60. (This is the Second one I have the first one is running with Libraelec and Kodi)
I did try instructions given in the Wiki to remove the Write protection Screw and when I try to get the device to developer mode nothing happens. It just stays with a black screen.

The process I am following is

1. Insert the paperclip in the reset hole
2. Power on the Chromebox while holding the paperclip
3. Remove the paperclip and wait

Nothing comes up on the screen. It's just a blank screen. I have tried the same multiple time.
If I don't press the reset hole and boot the device it is login into the Chrome os and Asking to set it up.

I am intending to install a 256GB SSD and Windows 10 on it which can then run Kodi.
Please do let me know what am I doing wrong.
sounds like whatever display you have the Chromebox plugged into doesn't accept the resolution used by the Chromebox in Recovery/Developer Mode.  I'd try using a PC monitor if possible, otherwise you might have to try and do it blindly
Hi Matt

I was trying it on My Tv.
Will try it with a monitor and let you know.
@matt Devo
I am experiencing crazy slow SMB network speed.
I am trying to copy a addon settings folder to the userdata>addon folder on my chromebox.
700mb folder and i am going on 7 hours now.
it is copying ever so slowly.
LibreELEC 9.0.1
i did add the 'pci=nomsi' to /flash/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg

any thoughts, do you need a log?

thank you
(2019-03-23, 20:32)mxlance Wrote: @matt Devo
I am experiencing crazy slow SMB network speed.
I am trying to copy a addon settings folder to the userdata>addon folder on my chromebox.
700mb folder and i am going on 7 hours now.
it is copying ever so slowly.
LibreELEC 9.0.1
i did add the 'pci=nomsi' to /flash/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg

any thoughts, do you need a log?

thank you

wiki troubleshooting section has been updated with a better command line param to use, but your issue is editing the wrong file, also specified in said wiki section
thank you for the reply
i thought i did it the right way,will look at the wiki again
thank you

EDIT:
@matt Devo
Thank you so much it is working so much better now.
Hi,

I  am running a standalone version of LibreElec 9.0.1 on my Chromebox i3 (fresh installation... not an update) and I'm having a few small problems that I never had on prior LibreElec versions. 

1st issue is, I randomly lose my wifi connection. A simple reboot fixes the issue. Waking up the Chromebox almost always requires a reboot in order to get internet connection again. 

2nd issue, my Logitec K830 wireless keyboard at times doesn't work. A reboot does not resolve the issue. I have to physically unplug it and re-plug it from the Chromebox in order for it to work again. The wireless keyboard adapter is plugged into a powered USB Hub because plugging the adapter into the front USB port of the Chromebox doesn't work. 

Anyone else experiencing any of these issues on their Chromeboxes? These are small issues that I can live with, just curious to see if anyone else has them. Again, these issues were non-existent on LibreElec 8. 

I've had this box for a few years now and have never updated its firmware (SeaBIOS ver rel-1.8.2-11-gdb21545-20150618-MattDevo)
Could this be the issue?
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2019-03-25, 03:21)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: I've had this box for a few years now and have never updated its firmware (SeaBIOS ver rel-1.8.2-11-gdb21545-20150618-MattDevo)
Could this be the issue?

I mean, that firmware is 4 years old now, so I'd certainly recommend updating to the latest UEFI firmware, then doing a fresh install of LE 9.0.1. Then apply the fix from the wiki, which while mainly to fix Ethernet performance issues, could potentially help Wifi as well. The USB issue I have no idea, I've not seen or heard anyone having any similar problems, but I'd say update the firmware and then re-evaluate
Matt,
I have a blank screen when I turn the computer on.
I decided it was time to update the firmware and install the latest libreelec.

Asus CN60 standalone

I booted gallium live and ran the update script. The script reported success with the firmware update. Upon rebooting to install libreelec I was greeted with a blank screen. I have tried booting with libreelec install usb and without it. I have tried with and without a keyboard, and tried a computer monitor via HDMI instead of the TV it is connected to.

I will try another monitor when I'm able.

Is this likely to be a display resolution problem?
Is there a procedure of key presses to install libreelec from a blank boot? You alluded to doing this earlier in this thread.
(2019-03-26, 07:45)ardsavac Wrote: Matt,
I have a blank screen when I turn the computer on.
I decided it was time to update the firmware and install the latest libreelec.

Asus CN60 standalone

I booted gallium live and ran the update script. The script reported success with the firmware update. Upon rebooting to install libreelec I was greeted with a blank screen. I have tried booting with libreelec install usb and without it. I have tried with and without a keyboard, and tried a computer monitor via HDMI instead of the TV it is connected to.

I will try another monitor when I'm able.

Is this likely to be a display resolution problem?
Is there a procedure of key presses to install libreelec from a blank boot? You alluded to doing this earlier in this thread.

no, sounds like you need this: https://wiki.mrchromebox.tech/Unbricking
(2019-03-25, 04:34)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 03:21)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: I've had this box for a few years now and have never updated its firmware (SeaBIOS ver rel-1.8.2-11-gdb21545-20150618-MattDevo)
Could this be the issue?

I mean, that firmware is 4 years old now, so I'd certainly recommend updating to the latest UEFI firmware, then doing a fresh install of LE 9.0.1. Then apply the fix from the wiki, which while mainly to fix Ethernet performance issues, could potentially help Wifi as well. The USB issue I have no idea, I've not seen or heard anyone having any similar problems, but I'd say update the firmware and then re-evaluate 
Hi Matt, 

Just to be sure I don't screw things updating my firmware, should be as simple as, correct?
1. Boot off an Ubuntu Live USB and connect to internet
2. Open a command shell
3. run this command: 
Code:
cd; curl -L -O http://mrchromebox.tech/setup-kodi.sh && sudo bash setup-kodi.sh
4. Choose: coreboot firmware install/update
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
(2019-03-27, 19:04)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Hi Matt, 

Just to be sure I don't screw things updating my firmware, should be as simple as, correct?
2. Open a command shell
3. run this command: 
Code:

correct. Ubuntu doesn't include curl by default, so may likely need to 'sudo apt install curl' before running the script command
(2019-03-27, 19:48)Matt Devo Wrote:

2. Open a command shell
3. run this command: 
Code:

correct. Ubuntu doesn't include curl by default, so may likely need to 'sudo apt install curl' before running the script command 
Wasn't aware of that. Thank you for the heads-up!
(2019-03-27, 19:48)Matt Devo Wrote:

2. Open a command shell
3. run this command: 
Code:

Hi Matt,

I updated to the latest firmware... all went smooth. The wireless keyboard issue is now gone. The only thing still pending is that I have no internet when waking up the chromebox. So I'm going to proceed with the ethernet tweak from your wiki. Except the instructions call to add "pcie_aspm.policy=performance" after "quiet"  (without the quotes). Please see what I get: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7whpy5min6j7vr...M.jpg?dl=0

Am I to add that code after "qui$" instead? Would like to confirm this before I proceed. Thanks!
(2019-04-13, 01:21)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Hi Matt,

I updated to the latest firmware... all went smooth. The wireless keyboard issue is now gone. The only thing still pending is that I have no internet when waking up the chromebox. So I'm going to proceed with the ethernet tweak from your wiki. Except the instructions call to add "pcie_aspm.policy=performance" after "quiet"  (without the quotes). Please see what I get: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7whpy5min6j7vr...M.jpg?dl=0

Am I to add that code after "qui$" instead? Would like to confirm this before I proceed. Thanks!

the $ means the line extends past the screen width, just scroll over to the end
Heya, Matt!

Quick question. I’m replacing a CN60 with a CN65. Ive been dual booting to LibreELEC Leia on the former. Do you know if it’s safe to do a LibreELEC full backup from the CN60 and restore it on the 65, or are there hardware specific things in the original load that won’t work?
  • 536(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37