SFTP via DDNS cannot be added
Hello everyone,

Before i continue to my problem i would like to congratulate all the developers for the outstanding work on XBMC that i follow since FRODO. I use it on my pc, raspberry pi and iPad and it is my favorite player.

I seem to face a problem with Gotham version as i cannot add SFTP as source from the file manager. Let me explain my set up:

I have a Raspberry Pi and my drives are connected to it. I have SSH enabled and i am using ddns service (integrated service on my router) to create a domain in order to be able to access the Pi via SSH outside of my network. On my computer, or my iPad i used to add as a source my domain to access the file system on the Pi.

Since i updated to Gotham (on all my devices) i am unable to add the source on my PC and iPad. The strange thing is that if i use Putty i can login via SHH even outside of my network with the same domain. Only when i try to add it as a source in Gotham it cannot find the server.

Even more strangely, if i use the external IP address i am able to add the Pi as a source and access it. The problem appears only when i use the ddns service. However, when i go to the ddns provider, the IP is exactly the same and it has not changed.

The SSH port is forward it in my router (since SSH works via internet and i can access also the file system via filezilla). It seems that i am unable to resolve the problem.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much
Ok i have found out what was the problem so i post it here for others that might have the same problem. As described above, the SFTP server is my Raspberry Pi, and the "client" that i try to access it is a windows PC or an iPad running XBMC. I have upgraded to Gotham in all the devices.

The problem is that since i did a new installation on the Pi, (i did not upgrade from Frodo since i was afraid that i would have a problem with the addons), the key on the server is different. In my 2 other devices i just upgraded from Frodo.

On my windows PC and iPad the encryption key was different than the one of the Pi and it wouldn't allow access. In order to fix it, i had to delete the "known_hosts" file located in the .ssh folder so that i would force XBMC to exchange again the keys with the Pi.

I have wrote a blog post on my blog and it includes the location of the known_hosts file: http://www.theraspberrypiblog.com/1/post...r-fix.html

I hope this helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SFTP via DDNS cannot be added0