Linux XBMC crashes on startup, XBMC 1
Hello, I am trying to run XBMC Gotham 13.0 (also attempted 13.1 beta 1, the latest nightly, and 13.0 compiled from source), both from the executable in the launch menu, and from the terminal. XBMC 13.0 had been working fine up until today. XBMC will initially show, and the immediately crash. When run through the terminal, I get the following mesage:
Code:
Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'dbiplus::DbErrors'
Aborted (core dumped)
/usr/local/bin/xbmc: 82: /usr/local/bin/xbmc: systemd-coredumpctl: not found
Crash report available at /home/Example/xbmc_crashlog-20140513_222936.log
(error log posted here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Yx3MWhj9 )
I'm running Linux Mint 16, Cinnamon 32bit on a 2007 Macbook. I initially installed using apt-get, and it seemed okay, but I also tried to install by source successfully.
I tried to do a backtrace, but gdb doesn't seem to want to accept my paths to the .bin files or core, even though I'm pretty sure they're correct. This problem persits after removing or purging the xbmc application... Well, XBMC Alpha doesn't seem to want to be removed using apt-get or dpkg. After running these, xbmc is still a runnable command.
Quote:22:29:36 T:3035740608 ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Move your .xbmc directory away, it's located in your home an try with a fresh profile.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That worked! And it was so simple haha. Thank you!
(2014-05-14, 07:54)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:22:29:36 T:3035740608 ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Move your .xbmc directory away, it's located in your home an try with a fresh profile.

Excellent! worked on my kodi instance having similar issue on Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks a lot.
Rahul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes on startup, XBMC 10