Gothan starts up too fast for NAS
Any way to allow XBMC to wait for my NAS to spin up? Seems to be a problem for me with Gotham releases. I'm running a remote MySQL database on a NAS, and if it's not already spun up XBMC will crash upon startup.

The last bit of the xbmc.log references "Running database version Textures13", which is the last local database before the MySQL ones (Music and Videos) are called.
If I wait a few seconds before trying to startup again, XBMC starts fine.

Someway to make XBMC a bit more patient during startup?

Thanks
Bill
I run xbmcbuntu and had the same problem. I needed to wait for the network to become available so xbmc could contact the mysql instance. I simply added a sleep statement in my /etc/init/xbmcbuntu-wait.conf script

Code:
status xbmcbuntu | grep -q "start/running" && exit 0
# sleep a little and wait for the network to become available
sleep 20
start xbmcbuntu || true

Even if you don't run xbmcbuntu, you should be able to simply sleep/wait in whatever script starts xbmc
(2014-05-24, 17:34)bill-ns Wrote: Any way to allow XBMC to wait for my NAS to spin up? Seems to be a problem for me with Gotham releases. I'm running a remote MySQL database on a NAS, and if it's not already spun up XBMC will crash upon startup.

The last bit of the xbmc.log references "Running database version Textures13", which is the last local database before the MySQL ones (Music and Videos) are called.
If I wait a few seconds before trying to startup again, XBMC starts fine.

Someway to make XBMC a bit more patient during startup?

Thanks
Bill

Which version of XBMC are you running ? Windows ? OpenElec ?

With Openelec, in the network parameters, there is an option to wait for the network and the MySQL database.
This should fix it ; http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Wake_on_LAN
(Even if the wol-part is redundant in your setting, the wait-part should help you)
Running Android... hadn't thought about an OS specific fix.
Will take a look at the options mentioned.

Thanks
Bill

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gothan starts up too fast for NAS0