How to hide the Android navigation bar
I read all the threads regarding this issue, including FAQ and the bug related (netflix issue fix). Currently from a user point of view this issue makes XBMC, along with
the workarounds ("fullscreen" and like apps), not usable. Once you hide the navigation bar the mouse cursor is off and in addition you get a black line in the top of the screen
as the entire view point just lowers. The above applies to Android TV, specifically I am using Fineless ROM 1.8.
I worked around this issue using a custom XBMC version (older) which works on top of MX player (due to lack of HW acceleration support in XBMC at that version).
I think that the fix for this issue needs to be configurable, and the user will choose if to apply netflix fix or not.
I hope I will be able to use the latest XBMC as I played with it for some time and it is truly one of the nicest media apps there are (I think the best one).
allow the fullscreen app to load first before xbmc.

I have it so on start up, the fullscreen app loads first, then XBMC is launched.
If you really want a long term fix, use a different/updated ROM. Any ROM for an Android box that is worth its salt will be able to handle the hiding of the bar without user intervention. You shouldn't even have to do the Netflix fix anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide the Android navigation bar0