XBMC Internal drive recognition issue
Hi Everyone,

On the surface, this is going to look like a 'edit fstab' sort of question, but I don't think that this is going to help. Here we go:

I run a Ubuntu 14.04 setup with XBMC Gotham autorunning at startup. I have a remote etc. so as far as usability goes, you turn the box on, and off we go, straight into films and tv shows without mucking about with OS stuff. I have various reasons for this - partly so I can use a full PC when I'm not running XMBC and to make media usage as friendly as possible for my wife; having tried openelec and xbmcbuntu, it's the setup that works best for me.

I also have two hard drives: an OS one, and a Storage one. All my films, TV Shows, etc. are in Storage.

Unfortunately, on load, XBMC can't read the Storage drive, unless I manually click on the drive icon on the Ubuntu toolbar first, after which all is well and reloaded XBMC is happy to use it.

My guess is that there's something missing between mounting (it's set to automount) and XBMC's ability to access the drive.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Nick
since you already ruled out fstab:
the answer is 42

that said -> fstab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Internal drive recognition issue0