• 4(current)
Release Best of NHK
Ok. Thanks for the informations. Keep up great work on app.:-)
When I updated, V1.0.17 was deleted and replaced by V1.0.18 in add-ons and the packages folder, eliminating roll backs on win7/Jarvis, not that important, but I had to re-make the custom icon I had created. Great add-on, thank-you for your effort.
(2016-06-16, 19:36)PatK Wrote: When I updated, V1.0.17 was deleted and replaced by V1.0.18 in add-ons and the packages folder, eliminating roll backs on win7/Jarvis, not that important, but I had to re-make the custom icon I had created. Great add-on, thank-you for your effort.

Glad you're liking the add-on. Yeah, that happen to me once when I code patched another add-on, the dev released an update and I lost my customizations. I learned very quickly to zip the add-on folder for safe keeping after that.Wink
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Hey Best of NHK fans,

Just an FYI, released ver. 1.0.20 which has upgraded code for JIBTV Featured Programs that will find more videos. Sorry it's still loads slow, can't do much with that since JIBTV makes me scrape several web pages per video. NHK Youtube channels have been updated. Look in there for NHK On Demand (SD), NHK News and for those folks looking to learn some Japanese the NHK Easy Japanese section is a treat.

Enjoy!
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Just read this, looks like there's going to be some HD NHK somewhat faster soon, this add-on is just in time.. First announced in 2014, the 9,000km trans-Pacific cable links Japan and the West Coast of the US, delivering 60 terabits per second of bandwidth, which is about 10 million times faster than the average cable modem.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/345766/google-...-goes-live
Interesting stuff, bigger pipe, but will NHK be on board with it. I've read that their new worldwide satellite live feed will be 1080p, though not sure if they'll do the same for their network streams. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Thanks heaps misty01, this is awesome.

Is there a way to get in Japanese language for all best of nhk?
(2016-07-03, 04:36)Simmotkp Wrote: Thanks heaps misty01, this is awesome.

Is there a way to get in Japanese language for all best of nhk?

I know NHK has news video clips in Japanese language on their website. I don't think they offer the live stream or video on demand stuff in Japanese though.
misty,
the VOD section shows only one video today here on my android.
(2016-07-05, 16:23)asik1 Wrote: misty,
the VOD section shows only one video today here on my android.

NHK used a new unicode character which broke the VOD section of the add-on. It's fixed now and should take care of any future unicode character issue.

Enjoy!
misty, what about this ?
http://mov3.co/nhk
I can watch it in Dolphin browser on my android 4.4 device but not in sync.

There maybe more here
http://mov3.co/ja
But they never played here.

I don't know where this coming from, so maybe it's better not to add it and contaminate your fine addon.
asik1, nice find. I'll see if I can get the stream (for the nhk one). No guarantees, but let's see how it goes.
Misty, I finally upgraded from 14.2 to 16.1 today but the addon don't work well.
I try to pick-up on the latest Science View and it constantly buffers for very long time, and if I want to resume from 5 min or so it will not do it.
I'm still on JB 4.4
Any help?
Thank you
asik1, I know Kodi 14.2 had "special" android coding to handle good video and audio playback. That code was considered a "hack" and was removed from android Kodi 15.x and beyond. You may need to try SPMC, which is a fork of Kodi. You can download SPMC 16.1 from google playstore. Even though SPMC has special coding for android it may not fix your issue. Is your android device AMLogic? If so you will need to read this: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems in the android forum. I had to do this AMLogic fix to one of my android boxes because all add-ons had very bad video stuttering and audio was constantly out of sync.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, sorry for delay,
My device is amlogic, but look to work OK now. I don't think I will go to SPMC, as who knows what things come up then.
I do have buffering from time to time, it depends on time of day I guess.
Thank you for all the work.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best of NHK1