Subtitles using 13 Alpha
I'm newer than an newbie so please forgive me if I use the wrong terminology.

I need subtitles but when I go to settings/video/subtitles and then 'default movie service' and then 'get more' nothing comes up. How do i get them please?

Thanks!
see Add-on_manager#Force_refresh (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-06-05, 15:26)Martijn Wrote: see Add-on_manager#Force_refresh (wiki)

Thanks. As I say, I really am green so whilst I know how to refresh, I dont know what it is I am refreshing. I will also add that the 'hacker' that put his stuff on this box didnt know how to do it either, Something about it being in the core system of Alpha 13. He tried installing a zip which didnt work.

(2014-06-05, 15:26)Martijn Wrote: see Add-on_manager#Force_refresh (wiki)

PS if you meant force refresh of xbmc.org I tried that and it didnt work.
then your box likely has no connection to the internet or is blocked in some way.
(moving this a better section)
(2014-06-05, 15:33)Martijn Wrote: then your box likely has no connection to the internet or is blocked in some way.
(moving this a better section)

No. Internet is working fine. I assume it is the xmbc.org add-on that I am forcing the refresh on?
correct. so it should get a fresh list with add-ons to install
(2014-06-05, 15:40)Martijn Wrote: correct. so it should get a fresh list with add-ons to install

Nope. Still brings up nothing. As I say, internet is fine so must be something else. Guy said something about Aeon Nox and Alpha 13 not being compatible with subtitles but my hunch is that is unlikely.
(2014-06-05, 15:41)neilrlsmith Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 15:40)Martijn Wrote: correct. so it should get a fresh list with add-ons to install

Nope. Still brings up nothing. As I say, internet is fine so must be something else. Guy said something about Aeon Nox and Alpha 13 not being compatible with subtitles but my hunch is that is unlikely.

The guy is a big fat liar. I don't even know why people buy stuff from idiots.
They sell something and disappear and we are left with uses who have issues.

Besides why even use an alpha while there is an official 13.0 release and 13.1 coming up.
(2014-06-05, 15:43)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 15:41)neilrlsmith Wrote:

The guy is a big fat liar. I don't even know why people buy stuff from idiots.
They sell something and disappear and we are left with uses who have issues.

Besides why even use an alpha while there is an official 13.0 release and 13.1 coming up.

That may be the case but now I am left trying to get subtitles as I'm partially deaf. Luckily I can see, read and write so I'm on here Smile
Is there a way of manually finding the subtitles within the xbmc.org repository?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles using 13 Alpha0